Red River Shootout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Red River Shootout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goody » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:28 am

CC wrote:How did you see Texas giving OSU a run for their money? They lost by 17 at home.

They also think Zac Taylor is a heisman candidate. Go figure! Too bad the huskers had to win in overtime at home vs. KANSAS. hahahahahaha
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:30 am

Goody wrote:
CC wrote:How did you see Texas giving OSU a run for their money? They lost by 17 at home.

They also think Zac Taylor is a heisman candidate. Go figure! Too bad the huskers had to win in overtime at home vs. KANSAS. hahahahahaha

Hey, Kansas is going to the Final Four.
Oh wait...

...wrong sport. :-b
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:40 am

do you even get texas games in nebraska? i'm just wondering what you are basing your opinions on? didn't you say you had not seen ou play since uab? if you want to just go off ap rankings as to who the better team is, fine, just say it. don't act like you came to that conclusion on your own. :-?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:31 am

knapplc wrote:
That game was 7-7 late in the third quarter, then Texas made some mistakes. At least that's how I remember it secondhand, having been out of the country when they played.

I'd hardly call that overrated or getting blown out.

I fully expect OU/UT to be a good game, but if it's going to be a blow-out I have a hard time seeing Oklahoma being the blowout winner.

Not so fast my friend. Had to pull a Corso on you. Late in the 3Q, it was 17-7 OSU, and Texas was not even that close. It was 14-7 at halftime even..But seriously, I don't honestly see how that game was as close as the halftime score indicated.

That was about as much of a handling as Texas has had since um, well...Oklahoma. :-b
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:31 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:wow. Cant believe that OU seems to be the Cafe favorite. I havent seen UT play sense OSU but they gave the best team in the country a run for their money with a rookie QB and 2 key defense guys out. They've got their CB and LB back and McCoy should have a better grasp on the offense. I look for Texas to win this one. 20-10.

OSU and Texas are overrated. OSU hasn't beat a good team besides an overrated Texas team. Iowa is not good, and Penn St. is not as good as they once were. I think Mich is going to wax OSU
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:52 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:wow. Cant believe that OU seems to be the Cafe favorite. I havent seen UT play sense OSU but they gave the best team in the country a run for their money with a rookie QB and 2 key defense guys out. They've got their CB and LB back and McCoy should have a better grasp on the offense. I look for Texas to win this one. 20-10.

OSU and Texas are overrated. OSU hasn't beat a good team besides an overrated Texas team. Iowa is not good, and Penn St. is not as good as they once were. I think Mich is going to wax OSU

OSU has looked more impressive this year than any other team in the nation. It's not just about who you play but how you do when you play them. OSU looks nasty and I don't think they're overrated at all, who would you put at #1 if not OSU?
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:53 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

OSU has looked more impressive this year than any other team in the nation. It's not just about who you play but how you do when you play them. OSU looks nasty and I don't think they're overrated at all, who would you put at #1 if not OSU?

i'm guessing by what he said, probably michigan.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 pm

moonhead wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

i'm guessing by what he said, probably michigan.

Michigan definetly. Maybe Auburn. I think they would lose to some other teams as well. I just think preseason polls, and these early polls are ridiculous. The first poll shouldn't be until the BCS poll, if that was the first poll, i bet OSU wouldn't be 1, Michigan would be.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:29 pm

moonhead wrote:do you even get texas games in nebraska? i'm just wondering what you are basing your opinions on? didn't you say you had not seen ou play since uab? if you want to just go off ap rankings as to who the better team is, fine, just say it. don't act like you came to that conclusion on your own. :-?

Looks like the pregame jitters are really starting to get to you Moon! Simmer down! No need to get all hot and bothered.

I thought Texas played well considering their situation. Yes the game got away from them in the second half but with a rookie QB i didnt really expect them to beat OSU even at home. Did you expect UT to keep it close against one of the most loaded teams in the country? UT is by no means a top team in college football but they're defintely good enough to beat OU.

I havent watched much of OU sense the UAB game. I watched the end of the Oregon game and the Bob Stoops craziness that followed but im not sold on you guys just yet. I havent seen much to convince me that you have that great of a defense or have much of an offense besides AD. This game will defintely be your chance to show the nation that you guys are truly a quality team though.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:25 pm

and we get screwed. again.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football