Red River Shootout - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Red River Shootout

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:38 pm

moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:That was not a forward pass - it was almost exactly sideways. The refs got that one right. That was probably not a fumble, so the refs probably got that one wrong.

Those plays were a wash.

it was thrown in front of him. how can you call that a wash? they said the ball hit the ground at the 12. which it did, after he hit with his hand and it went behind him.

and whoever said we got waxed starting in the second quarter didn't watch the game. it started half way through the third quarter. because the "fumble" that went for a touchdown was not correctly called we were pressed to pass the ball. peterson didn't touch the ball after that.

i'm not saying we would have won. but those were two huge turnovers that should have been overturned. and the phantom offensive pass interference call was completely bogus.

They had an excellent replay angle on that pass. It left Thompson's hand at the twelve yard line and Peterson touched it at the twelve. It then went backwards, but what it did after it hit AD's hand is irrelevant - the only thing that matters is where it left Thompson's hand and where it touched AP's hand. That was almost exactly sideways, neither forward nor backward. The refs got that call right live, and they reaffirmed it on replay. I totally agree with that call.

It was a very flukey play and one where I can totally understand why AP didn't go after the ball, but as usual the defender went for it. They always do but this time it paid off.

I'm sorry OK lost - I would rather have seen them win - but I'm not surprised in the least about this game. Texas is a pretty good team.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:59 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:wow. Cant believe that OU seems to be the Cafe favorite. I havent seen UT play sense OSU but they gave the best team in the country a run for their money with a rookie QB and 2 key defense guys out. They've got their CB and LB back and McCoy should have a better grasp on the offense. I look for Texas to win this one. 20-10.

OSU and Texas are overrated. OSU hasn't beat a good team besides an overrated Texas team. Iowa is not good, and Penn St. is not as good as they once were. I think Mich is going to wax OSU

OSU has looked more impressive this year than any other team in the nation. It's not just about who you play but how you do when you play them. OSU looks nasty and I don't think they're overrated at all, who would you put at #1 if not OSU?

i'm guessing by what he said, probably michigan.

Michigan definetly. Maybe Auburn. I think they would lose to some other teams as well. I just think preseason polls, and these early polls are ridiculous. The first poll shouldn't be until the BCS poll, if that was the first poll, i bet OSU wouldn't be 1, Michigan would be.

Well, Auburn got waxed by Arkansas at home. Who has Michigan beaten this year except an "overrated" Notre Dame team? Ohio State has 3 wins against Top 25 teams, and two of those wins were on the road. I hope Ohio State and Michigan are both undefeated going into their game. Will make a Buckeye win that much more satisfying.

2 top 25 Teams, PSU is not a top 25 team anymore. Iowa is not a good football team either. I thought TEX was overrated, but i was wrong they are a good team, the other two are not good teams. The only team Iowa beat was a bad Purdue team. They almost lost to syracuse.

PSU was #24 when they played, so 3 Top 25 teams.

Let me guess. You think Florida is better than Ohio State.

I used that excuse last year about Oregon and was told that it is not about where they were ranked when you played them but where they are ranked at the end of the season. Since PSU isn't a top 25 team anymore OSU played 2 teams in the top 25.

I agree with your logic but I don't think the BCS calculates it that way.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to care about what they were ranked when the game was played. Who cares if everyone THOUGHT a team was good when they played when we all KNOW later on that that team wasn't? If you beat the team ranked #1 week 1 and they finish 0-11 that doesn't mean you beat the best team in the nation.

Hell, unless you think that FSU legitimately beat a top 10 team in Miami.

I could care less about the Ohio State part of the argument because they definitely look like the best team in the country to me, but trying to claim that the ranking of a team at the time the game was played is more important than their final ranking is beyond lunacy, unless you think that how good people THOUGHT a team was is more important than how good they actually ARE.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:37 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:wow. Cant believe that OU seems to be the Cafe favorite. I havent seen UT play sense OSU but they gave the best team in the country a run for their money with a rookie QB and 2 key defense guys out. They've got their CB and LB back and McCoy should have a better grasp on the offense. I look for Texas to win this one. 20-10.

OSU and Texas are overrated. OSU hasn't beat a good team besides an overrated Texas team. Iowa is not good, and Penn St. is not as good as they once were. I think Mich is going to wax OSU

OSU has looked more impressive this year than any other team in the nation. It's not just about who you play but how you do when you play them. OSU looks nasty and I don't think they're overrated at all, who would you put at #1 if not OSU?

i'm guessing by what he said, probably michigan.

Michigan definetly. Maybe Auburn. I think they would lose to some other teams as well. I just think preseason polls, and these early polls are ridiculous. The first poll shouldn't be until the BCS poll, if that was the first poll, i bet OSU wouldn't be 1, Michigan would be.

Well, Auburn got waxed by Arkansas at home. Who has Michigan beaten this year except an "overrated" Notre Dame team? Ohio State has 3 wins against Top 25 teams, and two of those wins were on the road. I hope Ohio State and Michigan are both undefeated going into their game. Will make a Buckeye win that much more satisfying.

2 top 25 Teams, PSU is not a top 25 team anymore. Iowa is not a good football team either. I thought TEX was overrated, but i was wrong they are a good team, the other two are not good teams. The only team Iowa beat was a bad Purdue team. They almost lost to syracuse.

PSU was #24 when they played, so 3 Top 25 teams.

Let me guess. You think Florida is better than Ohio State.

I used that excuse last year about Oregon and was told that it is not about where they were ranked when you played them but where they are ranked at the end of the season. Since PSU isn't a top 25 team anymore OSU played 2 teams in the top 25.

I agree with your logic but I don't think the BCS calculates it that way.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to care about what they were ranked when the game was played. Who cares if everyone THOUGHT a team was good when they played when we all KNOW later on that that team wasn't? If you beat the team ranked #1 week 1 and they finish 0-11 that doesn't mean you beat the best team in the nation.

Hell, unless you think that FSU legitimately beat a top 10 team in Miami.

I could care less about the Ohio State part of the argument because they definitely look like the best team in the country to me, but trying to claim that the ranking of a team at the time the game was played is more important than their final ranking is beyond lunacy, unless you think that how good people THOUGHT a team was is more important than how good they actually ARE.

That is exaclty my point. It does not matter how you are ranked when u play, it is how you finish. This is why preseason poll are ridiculous.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football