How much longer will Boller start? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How much longer will Boller start?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How much longer will Boller start?

Postby lucky denver mint » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:02 pm

Do you think Redman would be a good waiver pick-up to add some depth at QB?
lucky denver mint
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:35 pm

Even if Redman were to win the starting job, he would merely be a mediocre qb at best, on team that doesn't ever put up good passing numbers. I'm sure you could find that on your waiver wire right now (kitna, carr, blake, etc), without the added baggage of him having to win the starting job.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:14 pm

Right. Baltimore QBs will never have good fantasy numbers. I mean, can you name any of their WRs? Travis Taylor? Who is this guy? Only weapon they have in the passing game is Heap and he's being doubled.

Free Bagel wrote:Even if Redman were to win the starting job, he would merely be a mediocre qb at best, on team that doesn't ever put up good passing numbers. I'm sure you could find that on your waiver wire right now (kitna, carr, blake, etc), without the added baggage of him having to win the starting job.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:17 pm

With Jamal Lewis in town, they will never pass enough for a qb to be good.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SinCity » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:25 pm

I think that Boller will play till he gets hurt.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby kid a » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:44 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Right. Baltimore QBs will never have good fantasy numbers. I mean, can you name any of their WRs? Travis Taylor? Who is this guy? Only weapon they have in the passing game is Heap and he's being doubled.

]

Ummm, he was a college star and the #10 pick of the draft just a few short seasons ago.

He's got great hands, decent speed, and is no worse than an average route runner. Simply put, with a good QB at the helm, you would definitely who Travis Taylor was. He's just not good enough to make a bad QB average, like Chad Johnson has done in Cincinatti.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:47 am

I've been a diehard fan my entire life, and Travis Taylor was no college star. He was picked so high because he had a huge Citrus Bowl that year (where he and plax both had more than 200 yds receiving).

His hands were shaky throughout the entire regular season and I always felt more comfortable when the ball was going to Darrell Jackson.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby kid a » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:53 am

Free Bagel wrote:I've been a diehard fan my entire life, and Travis Taylor was no college star. He was picked so high because he had a huge Citrus Bowl that year (where he and plax both had more than 200 yds receiving).

His hands were shaky throughout the entire regular season and I always felt more comfortable when the ball was going to Darrell Jackson.

You're probably more qualified to speak on Travis Taylor than I am. I just remember when Baltimore selected him on Draft Day, the ESPN guys raving about how great Taylor was. This and the early pick led me to believe he was a superstar. (not much of a college fan myself)

My hands comment referred to several impressive catches I recall off the top of my head when Jeff Blake was throwing to him. Not that the balls were thrown bad, it just seemed like the guy made tough catches on the regular.

Honestly, I'd take your words to heart before my own on Taylor.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk