LSU @ UF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

LSU @ UF

Moderator: Football Moderators

LSU @ UF

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:53 pm

This is going to be a very tough hard fought SEC game. I think we have a shot and should come out of this one in the end. Our secondary is going to need to step up and getting Thomas back would be great.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 1crzydmnd » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:36 pm

Is Wynn out for this game? I don't think Florida wins this game even with Wynn playing.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:22 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:Is Wynn out for this game? I don't think Florida wins this game even with Wynn playing.

He is questionable. He may play, but if he doesn't we can still use Moore, Manson, or James at RB. We will miss Wynn, but we do have backs to make up for it.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:30 pm

1crzydmnd wrote:Is Wynn out for this game? I don't think Florida wins this game even with Wynn playing.

I doubt Wynn plays. If he does play he won't be 100% and won't be as effective. Besides Wynn the Gators really only have one solid back in Kestawn Moore. The guy is huge and a solid replacement for sure. However, don't be fooled by Marcus Manson and Brandon James... they are not fill-ins that are anywhere close to the top two RBs for the Gators (no matter what Bagel says about Manson).

The Gators have key injuries/suspensions at DL and RB, their two deepest positions. Had those injuries come in the secondary, LB core, or OL they would have no chance at winning.

All of that aside, I think LSU still wins. The amount of pressure they are going to bring on Chris Leak is going to be like the allied invasion of normandy on D-Day. They are going to blitz, blitz, and then blitz some more. Nothing gets Leak more riled up than when his OL can't protect for him. If the OL picks up the pressures, Leak could have a field day with the athletic UF receievers in one-on-one coverage. However, if they get to him (which I think they will) it could be a long day for Chris Leak and the Gators.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:53 pm

Big news in this one. Looks like Thomas will play.

http://florida.scout.com/2/576244.html
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:51 pm

I think the LSU D is gonna be too much for FLA to handle. I havent been that impressed with FLA as an "elite" team.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:58 pm

Looks like Percy is going to play too. Not sure how effective he'll be with a gimpy ankle though with as much as he relies on his speed.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:33 am

Free Bagel wrote:Looks like Percy is going to play too. Not sure how effective he'll be with a gimpy ankle though with as much as he relies on his speed.

Wynn is playing as well. FL will show it is an elite team and beat LSU.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Goody » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:46 am

This should be a great SEC battle! I like Florida at home in this one. Home field advantage is huge in conference matchups. But what do I know. :-b
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:49 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Looks like Percy is going to play too. Not sure how effective he'll be with a gimpy ankle though with as much as he relies on his speed.

Wynn is playing as well. FL will show it is an elite team and beat LSU.

I don't think so. Everything I've seen here in Gainesville says he's doubtful. You got a source?

Otherwise though, that Gators getting Marcus Thomas back and Percy Harvin is huge. Those are both game changers. Those are two guys that would have been missed, it's great to have them back.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to College Football