Michael Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Bennett

Postby kwirefire » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:29 pm

His target return date is 11/2, but I haven't heard anything real promising.

he's FA in both my leagues...

I'm looking for opinions on how long you think he'll stay in the FA pool before people start scooping him up.
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:40 pm

I would leave him there until he has a for sure return date.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Homeless » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:01 pm

If you post your roster, we can collectively decide who you should drop for Bennett and when.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kwirefire » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:06 pm

Sorry guys... here's the roster. I'm want to dump Burns and replace Cmart with another Starter.

QB(1) Favre/Brady
RB(2) L.T., CMart, Duckett, Burns
WR(2) Toomer, Moss, D. Mason, K. Cambell
TE (1) Franks/ Stevens

I'm also looking for bench sitter other than Cambell at WR

Thanks for the input
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Big Opinion Here

Postby blueonion » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:07 am

Since I am die hard Vikes fan, I will share my feelings on Mr. Bennett.

I would look at Mike Tice's track record with starting players coming back from injury (as brief as his history is).

<b>Byron Chamberlain...</b> Vikings needed a tightend and were anxious to get Chamberlain back after the suspension. He returned out of shape and 20 pounds to heavy, Tice told him to take a hike.

<b>Dewayne Bates</b> A Mike Tice guy. Tice has talked big about Bates for a season and half now. Unfortunately Bates has an injury and Burleson and Campbell got cracks at the starting lineup. Mike Tice has said, "When Bates comes back, he will have a hard time wrestling that starting position back from Burleson."

<b>Denard Walker</b> Was a big (big in the Minnesota Media) free agent acquisition to play cornerback. He was given the job in May, played really well in the preseason and got hurt. Brian Williams stepped in and has played very well to date. Mike Tice has said, "Walker is a solid player with us, but he will have to take the job away from Brian Williams." It should be noted that Walker is healthy but still does not have his job back.

I am not saying Bennett will not get his job back, but for him to do so he will have to be 100% and most likely wrestle the job away from Onterrio Smith and\or Moe Williams and\or Doug Chapman.

the BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kwirefire » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:10 am

I Hear what you're sayin' Blueonion... and it's true,
CHamberlain surprised me... but I think Bennett is more established as a part of the team than some of the others.

Anyone have more thoughts on the subject
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Bennett

Postby blueonion » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:23 am

Personally speaking, I do not like Michael Bennett...but I also did not like Robert Smith. Although both are 'track stars' and have tremendous speed, both are\were soft and struggled to pick up tough yards between the tackles.

*** I will make a notation than in Smith's last two seasons he appears to run in a more physical manner, but I recall this was more downfield against defensive backs than between the tackles against linemen and linebackers.

I like Michael Bennett as a person and I like the fact that he can make ESPN's top plays with his break away speed, I still put him a notch between Moe Williams, Doug Chapman and Onterrio Smith. The later three are more physical and give Minnesota more 2-7s and 3-3s.

Just my personal opinion though...

the BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Michael Bennett

Postby kid a » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:15 am

kwirefire wrote:His target return date is 11/2, but I haven't heard anything real promising.

he's FA in both my leagues...

I'm looking for opinions on how long you think he'll stay in the FA pool before people start scooping him up.

If you have a spot on your roster where you can store him, you might as well. But don't put yourself in a position where him not playing could kill your team, because I don't see him coming back this season.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk