The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:48 am

As most of you know, I have a 6-year old son. I’m going to take this time to brag excessively about his latest achievement.

He has been taking Taekwondo for about 4 months and was asked to participate in a national tournament. It’s for his age group, 5-7, and his belt class, white/pee-wee, but we figured it would be a good experience. All of the pee-wees, the young kids who start out in Taekwondo, are awarded medals, whether they actually win anything or not. This is more for motivation and encouragement than anything else. He’s still very new at this so I wasn’t expecting too much, and I was trying to convey to him that he just needed to do his best and not expect too much himself. So what does he do? He goes out and wins the whole damn thing. First place. Gold medal. The Grand Master stood four of them up, in a row, draping the gaudy medals around their necks. Then he got to my kid, at the end of the row, put the gold medal around his neck, raised his arm, and said into the microphone, “We have a champion”. I think his smile wrapped itself clear around his head. Pretty proud papa moment there. They gain points for achievements in tournaments and this one pushed him over the line used to determine if he’s ready for a promotion to a colored belt. He will have testing very soon and shouldn’t have a problem getting his yellow belt. Yellow belts are generally not awarded, at this school, before 6 months and usually longer, so he’s achieved this ahead of schedule. Bragging session over….for now.

I don’t want to be completely selfish here, so how about the other parents of the Cafe take this chance to brag about their kids. ;-D

Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:52 am

Great story ;-D I will think of something later and post it
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:56 am

Wow, that's very impressive! Watch out Omaha, he may kick your butt if you try grounding him! :-b

It's gonna be, at least, another few years until I ever post about my kids in this thread. :-°
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:09 am

Wow first place thats quite an accomplishment! Sounds like hes progressing very quickly, he must be a quick learner and really enjoy Taekwondo. That pic is super cute too. ;-D

I dont have any kids to brag on so I'll just brag on my dog Ginger....Just kidding. :-b

I did go to my nephew Lukes first high school football game a couple weeks ago, he just turned 15 and lemmie tell you the kids awsome. He plays runningback, linebacker, saftey, some cornerback and plays on both sides of the ball on special teams including returning kickoffs and punts, basicly the kid never leaves the field. It seemed like the announcer was calling his name over the loudspeaker after every play. He rushed for 194 yards and 3TDs he also converted two 2 point conversions and completed a pass on a HB option for 30 yards. That would be a steller game itself if he just played on offense. On defense he had 6 solo tackles and a sack! His return yardage on ST was somewhere around 40 yards. I must tell you that the team they were playing isnt one of the better teams in their division but still thats quite a game. ;-D

Proud uncle bragging over now. :-b

Heres a pic of Luke my Dad and myself right after the game. Another great thing happend that night, I got to sit with my dad and watch a live football game for the first time in 10 years. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Re: The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Postby bklik » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Image

Since when do they let kids fight wearing that?
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:46 am

bklik wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Image

Since when do they let kids fight wearing that?

007! ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:47 am

Metroid wrote:Wow first place thats quite an accomplishment! Sounds like hes progressing very quickly, he must be a quick learner and really enjoy Taekwondo. That pic is super cute too. ;-D

I dont have any kids to brag on so I'll just brag on my dog Ginger....Just kidding. :-b

I did go to my nephew Lukes first high school football game a couple weeks ago, he just turned 15 and lemmie tell you the kids awsome. He plays runningback, linebacker, saftey, some cornerback and plays on both sides of the ball on special teams including returning kickoffs and punts, basicly the kid never leaves the field. It seemed like the announcer was calling his name over the loudspeaker after every play. He rushed for 194 yards and 3TDs he also converted two 2 point conversions and completed a pass on a HB option for 30 yards. That would be a steller game itself if he just played on offense. On defense he had 6 solo tackles and a sack! His return yardage on ST was somewhere around 40 yards. I must tell you that the team they were playing isnt one of the better teams in their division but still thats quite a game. ;-D

Proud uncle bragging over now. :-b

Heres a pic of Luke my Dad and myself right after the game. Another great thing happend that night, I got to sit with my dad and watch a live football game for the first time in 10 years. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Those are some pretty gaudy numbers. Damn! I can't wait to be an uncle. My brother has yet to knock up his wife, even after I reminded him how to do it. :-[ :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:09 pm

Great story ORS!

Since it's the 'official' thread, here goes.

Shawnte

She is 16 years old. I always call her, "The Perfect Daughter," because even though nobody is perfect, she is incredible in every aspect of her life. She is committed to God, her family, and her future husband. She goes on mission trips, youth group retreats, and wears a 'purity ring.' She has played softball for 8 years and is the starting first-baseman, lead-off hitter, and averaged 500+ batting average in last summers state tournament (they took second place). In spring of 2005 she decided she wanted to be a cheerleader, so she tried out and has made the varsity squad, so now I have to go to all the HS football games. In all aspects... the perfect daughter. I couldn't be prouder!

Cody

Total jock! A 14 year old freshman, he's young and short for his age, but has a huge heart. He plays football, wrestles and plays baseball. Football: Often called, "pound for pound, the best player out there." He's played for years, but is a solid 100 lbs lighter than some of the kids. It's a crack-up seeing him lay a lick on a guy and seem to say, "I ain't afraid of you!" Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Baseball: Made the Babe Ruth allstar team this year (3rd year as all-star). He moves like a cat! Smooth and afraid of nothing. Wrestling: Total tough guy. Given his height, this will probably be where he excells the best. Besides sports, this kid has an incredible work ethic. Give him a job to do and he just busts it out (especially if there is some money involved).

Yep yep... I iz a very proud dad!

My wife and I will look at our kids and look at each other, and say:
"HOW DID WE PULL THAT OFF?????????????"

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:31 pm

Damn NFLFan! That's awesome. Looks like you keep busy. :-° ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:41 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Damn NFLFan! That's awesome. Looks like you keep busy. :-° ;-D

No doubt between those great kids, FFB, College football, work and the Cafe what you get? Like an hour of sleep a week! :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk