The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Official Brag About Your Kids Thread

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 am

My son played his first soccer game on Tuesday and did very good for his first time playing. He had a couple shots on goal and just missed a goal too. He had a great time and was a lot more competitive and agressive than I thought he would be.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:40 am

My son broke his hand. Unfortunately, I'm responsible. We were playing baseball, he was pitching to me, and after he plunked me for the fifth time (he thought it was funny), I charged the mound, tackling him. He said stop and came up with his hand looking funky. He could move his fingers so we thought he was fine, but the next morning it was still swollen and black and blue. We took him in and got x-rays and sure enough, there's a hairline fracture. He thinks it's pretty cool. He even gave it a Tiger Woods fist pump when the nurse came in and said, "Looks like we have a broken hand."
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:He thinks it's pretty cool. He even gave it a Tiger Woods fist pump when the nurse came in and said, "Looks like we have a broken hand."

That's great! Reminds me of when my son took a line drive right into the eye. It was all red all night and I was sure he was gonna have the worlds best shiner. Next morning... nothing. I'll never forget his reaction: "What a ripoff!!"
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Haha. Got his cast today and it's already full of "signatures". Was pretty excited when the doc finally said, "Yeah, you get a cast."
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 pm

We loaded up the Tahoe and drove Cody to college a couple weeks ago. Tough stuff. It is so sad to see your last kid go off. For all you with kids in the house, take it from the old guy... IT GOES BY WAAAY TOO FAST! :~(

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:40 am

Nfl Fan wrote:We loaded up the Tahoe and drove Cody to college a couple weeks ago. Tough stuff. It is so sad to see your last kid go off. For all you with kids in the house, take it from the old guy... IT GOES BY WAAAY TOO FAST! :~(

Where's he going to school? Is he wrestling there?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 am

joejlitz wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:We loaded up the Tahoe and drove Cody to college a couple weeks ago. Tough stuff. It is so sad to see your last kid go off. For all you with kids in the house, take it from the old guy... IT GOES BY WAAAY TOO FAST! :~(

He's going to Point Loma in San Diego and no... they don't have a team. It was his first choice of schools. We did look at a few that have teams, but I can't blame him for wanting to go where he's at.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

He's going to Point Loma in San Diego and no... they don't have a team. It was his first choice of schools. We did look at a few that have teams, but I can't blame him for wanting to go where he's at.

OK. Just make sure he doesn't get pent up frustration and start turning dudes into pretzels at the quad. :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:02 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Where's he going to school? Is he wrestling there?

OK. Just make sure he doesn't get pent up frustration and start turning dudes into pretzels at the quad. :-D

It's funny you say that... one of the kids practices his trumpet and started to annoy Cody. He said they'd practice some wrestling if he didn't take it somewhere else! :-b

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:52 am

dream_017 wrote:My son played his first soccer game on Tuesday and did very good for his first time playing. He had a couple shots on goal and just missed a goal too. He had a great time and was a lot more competitive and agressive than I thought he would be.

Well, it only took 7 games :-o but his team finally won. Not only that but he scored a goal which turned out to be the game winner ;-D Not sure who was more excited me or him O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk