Vols@Joja - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Vols@Joja

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:22 am

No way, it's just that the SEC offenses are so amazing it makes the defences look bad ;-7
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:53 am

Free Bagel wrote:No way, it's just that the SEC offenses are so amazing it makes the defences look bad ;-7

Ah the vaunted UCLA arguement.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:05 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:So much for all those powerhouse defenses in the SEC.... :-? :-b

Yeah UGA's defense was def. bolstered by their schedule but did anyone else think Erik Ainge looked really good yesturday?

He's really starting to grasp David Cutcliff's system (the UT O-coordinator) and UT's offense looks like something to reckon with for the rest of this year. I'm just glad UF has already played UT.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dihall » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:57 pm

O.K. I will put my two cents worth in on this one since I was actually at the game. I frankly couldn't believe Georgia looked as good as they did the first half. With the way they played, you would have thought they would run away with it. The second half was absolutely pathetic!! :-o I don't remember who said that their D should be #1, but you must not have seen too many games this season because they flat out suck!! That is coming from a Georgia fan too! They couldn't tackle their way out of a paper bag in any of the games I have seen! They were honestly lucky to have won up until then. I do agree that Ainge looked absolutely incredible! He is definitely a force to be dealt with! He is a hard guy to work against, but giving up 51 points at home with 27 of them coming in the second half!!! :-° They were TOTALLY OUTCOACHED, turnovers killed them and I think one of the big deciders was Bailey's kicking. He never kicked a kickoff past the 20 yard line giving them great field position all game long. Having Coutu out is a major blow!! I never thought that a kicker could affect the entire game until now. It was just pathetic! I predict they loose at least 2 more games if not three! I hope I'm wrong, but I figure it is a no brainer that Florida will cream us, Auburn probably will too and I think there is a really good chance Tech will as well. It's sad, but they are sorely overrated this year and I think it will be a few years before they are back at the top of the SEC or SEC East even for that matter. This is just one discouraged DAWGS fan! PATHETIC!!! :~(
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:01 pm

Man people really are taking that "D should be #1" thing out of context, huh 1crzydmnd?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dihall » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:30 pm

I totally see what 1crazydmnd is sayin' bagel. I just think everyone has overrated Georgia, unfortunately. That being the commentators and pollsters. I see what he is sayin' when you look at the stats. Unfortunately, the D is not the only thing they have going against them. It is going to be a long rest of the season I think. :~(

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:29 am

dihall wrote:I totally see what 1crazydmnd is sayin' bagel. I just think everyone has overrated Georgia, unfortunately. That being the commentators and pollsters. I see what he is sayin' when you look at the stats. Unfortunately, the D is not the only thing they have going against them. It is going to be a long rest of the season I think. :~(

He was arguing that their D sucks (same as you ;)), and was only ranked high statistically because of the awful teams they had faced.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:10 am

Free Bagel wrote:Man people really are taking that "D should be #1" thing out of context, huh 1crzydmnd?

LOL...I guess so. I guess that's what I get for not using ;-7.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Sandrock » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:38 pm

You knew the dawgs were overrated when they only beat Colorado by 1 point. This is the same Colorado that lost to Division 1-AA Montana State at Colorado. 8-o
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dihall » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:28 am

I got what he was saying bagel. I agree that stats wise they would be tops, but MY GOD, are they (the statisticians) crazy!! :-S

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to College Football