Matt Jones... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matt Jones...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Matt Jones...

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:32 pm

Is it time to give up on Matt Jones? He's been injured for 3 weeks now, and he doesnt seem to be getting any better... should us Jones' owners be considering dropping him- or maybe a better question is what should we expect out of him this season?

also, sorry if this should go in DTKW forum, but I just thought it was a more general question that could be discussed in leftovers
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:35 pm

nope don't give up. Week 6 I think he will come back and play well. He was targeted on some deep balls in the first half last week, but hurt his hammy near the end of the half. Early reports saying he will miss this week and I expect only this week.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:38 pm

i think he will be more saught after then williams when he is healthy, so ima ride the reggie train one more week then trade him, matt's banged up, but when healthy he will be back to a main target...

if u have room keep him, but it will be 2-4 weeks before you can expect anything
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:46 pm

Jones should be good when he comes back but his hamstring/groin injuries seem to be lingering. May be the kind that effects him all year?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:54 pm

Jones and Reggie Williams are currently jockeying for position as the #1 option in Jacksonville with Williams running away with the role during Jones's period of poor health.

I wouldnt drop Jonesy but I wouldnt start him either.
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby spodog » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:32 pm

. . . by the way, I had Pizza at the next table to Matt Jones and his family after he beat Eli Manning and Ole Miss a few years back in an Arkansas pizza joint.

Matt ate about 6 pieces and had 2 beers.

this is true story.

Does this help you?
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:13 pm

Matt Jones is a guy that I think has a chance to be pretty good for the rest of the year.

He has been injured and will sit this week and next week is the bye week. So come week 7 he should be healed up and ready to roll.

Check this schedule:

@HOU
@Philly
TEN
HOU
NYG
@BUF
@MIA
IND
@TEN
NE
@KC

I like the looks of that schedule. Jones should be a solid #2 fantasy receiver down the stretch.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:18 pm

. . . by the way, I had Pizza at the next table to Matt Jones and his family after he beat Eli Manning and Ole Miss a few years back in an Arkansas pizza joint.

Matt ate about 6 pieces and had 2 beers.

this is true story.

Does this help you?

Not at all. Didnt really help one bit

But i have to say, that is a pretty cool story. Only 2 beers and 6 pieces of pizza? I expected a lot more out of the guy; I would think he should be able to take out at least double digits in pizza AND beer... :-b
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:19 pm

SniperShot wrote:nope don't give up. Week 6 I think he will come back and play well. He was targeted on some deep balls in the first half last week, but hurt his hammy near the end of the half. Early reports saying he will miss this week and I expect only this week.

The Jags have a bye week #6, something that works in Jones's favor -- some extra rest. Target week #7 for his return.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:56 pm

not at all. jones is a great receiver. once he gets healthy, he should be great.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk