Is there a guy in your league who's just better than you? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is there a guy in your league who's just better than you?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:18 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:no offense, but more losers on this site then winners. I see terrible advice given to everyone here

If you really believe that then why the h**l are you here? Maybe you should get your fantasy advice from an "expert", like the guys on that ESPN show. Or the Einsteins at FOX Sports. Or Funston. I've been here two years (today, actually, is my 2nd "Anniversary"), and this is, IMO, the best Fantasy Football resource there is. Period. You can go if you'd like. We'll try to get by without you.

There was a Player in my old $$ League who was my personal "Lex Luthor". Would just smoke me in the regular season. Thing is though, the two times we met in the playoffs (1 Semifinal, 1 Title Game) I won, so I'm sure she felt the same way about me.

How I beat her in the Title Game two years ago still baffles me. Her team was better. Mine was SA, LT2, and the who's who of the WW. I guess sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Last year, I had the best regular season record in two leagues, and didn't win either. Barely made the playoffs in my $$ League and lost the Title game by 3 stinkin points.

My "secret" weapon has always been the wire. I make more waiver moves than anyone else in any of my leagues by a wide margin. And while I can't say I've never dropped a player who I wish I hadn't two weeks later, more often than not it's worked out. (Billy Volek and Kerry Collins saved my season two years ago.)

No team (or owner) is unbeatable. Some are just harder to beat than others.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jbones733 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:49 pm

im the best by far as far as knowledge , matchups, waiver wire, but sometimes dumb luck just gets involved
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hakeem34 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:37 pm

Really interesting replies. Thanks. I like the Lex Luthor analogy-- this guy is indeed my Lex Luthor. Here's the team he's managed to assemble over the past 3 years: (12-team league, keep 3)

QB: Vick
RB: LT
LJ
C. Taylor
F. Gore
M. Turner
T. Henry
M. Robinson
J. Harrison
WR: Holt
Plax
Housh
M. Clayton
D. Branch
TE: Heap
Winslow

My team has its bright spots, but I just can't match his depth.

QB: Peyton
RB: SJax
Jordan
Rhodes
C. Brown
C. Benson
C. Perry
WR: S. Smith
C. Chambers
D. Bennett
C. Henry
K. Robinson
J. Porter
TE: B. Watson
Witten
J. Stevens
hakeem34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kilroy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:51 pm

hakeem34 wrote:Really interesting replies. Thanks. I like the Lex Luthor analogy-- this guy is indeed my Lex Luthor. Here's the team he's managed to assemble over the past 3 years: (12-team league, keep 3)

QB: Vick
RB: LT
LJ
C. Taylor
F. Gore
M. Turner
T. Henry
M. Robinson
J. Harrison
WR: Holt
Plax
Housh
M. Clayton
D. Branch
TE: Heap
Winslow

My team has its bright spots, but I just can't match his depth.

QB: Peyton
RB: SJax
Jordan
Rhodes
C. Brown
C. Benson
C. Perry
WR: S. Smith
C. Chambers
D. Bennett
C. Henry
K. Robinson
J. Porter
TE: B. Watson
Witten
J. Stevens

Thing is hakeem, you don't have to. We're talking one game, not best of seven.

Make the playoffs, try to load up on as many guys with a favorable schedule in your playoff weeks as you can, and then at the last possible moment....

Throw a hex on him.

:-D

Good Luck! ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:06 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:no offense, but more losers on this site then winners. I see terrible advice given to everyone here

:-t :-t

Simple math says that there will be more losers than winners in a league since there can only be 1 winner. You complain about terrible advice. What about terrible posts like yours? I'll take bad advice from someone who is at least trying to help over terrible posts every day of the week.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:19 pm

This site is great because so many of the posters here have very good insight on certain players. To call this place full of losers is just plain stupid. Most of the very well respected poster's here have alot more useful information then the ESPN/Fox/Whatever Analysts that we see on TV.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:48 pm

You know what burns my a** the most about this post? The fact that it probably got exactly the response it was looking for when it made it. Either it's an ignorant (fill in whichever expletive you prefer), or it was trolling and we(myself included) fell for it.

That's the bad news. The Good News is that there are a boatload of folks (once again, myself included) who are more than willing to defend this place and the good people who come here against the forces of idgitry.(and yes, that's a made up word)

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:27 am

No :-)
wrveres
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:48 am

Nope, I've scored the most points so far and feel like I have the best team.

There is one guy who thinks he is better than everyone, he took Manning #1 overall. :-t
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby ampant » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:08 am

I am the reigning champ, and I think I had the best draft, and it shows 'cause I have the best record. The guy right behind me is 3-1 (I gave him his only loss). But I am nervous about him because we are in the same division. He got some guys to make some boneheaded trades with him. Now he is as stacked as me. I honestly don't know which of our teams I would rather have. I think my advantage is SA, if he makes a full recovery I am looking stout, but otherwise he's stacked as well.

12 team money league

My Team

QBs Delhomme, Kitna
RBs SA, T Bell, K Jones, F Gore, S Gado, J Norwood
WRs Holt, Burress, Edwards, Evans, Taylor
TEs LJ Smith, K Winslow
K Tynes
D/ST BAL, CIN

His Team

QBs Favre, Vick
RBs SJax, C Taylor, F Taylor, Maroney, L Washington
WRs S Smith, J Walker, C Johnson, :-o G Jennings, D Gabriel, Mi Clayton
TEs Shockey, E Johnson
K Rackers, J Brown
D/ST PITT

Some guy dropped Branch, and he had waiver priority, snatched him up, and traded a SEA homer straight up for Walker. The he traded JLew and D Mason for Steve Smith (what a dumb move by the other guy).
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk