ALL MCGAHEE OWNERS CLICK HERE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

ALL MCGAHEE OWNERS CLICK HERE

Moderator: Football Moderators

ALL MCGAHEE OWNERS CLICK HERE

Postby drinklime » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:39 pm

Let us all hold hands and pray.

Dear Lord, this week Willis plays against the evil Bears defense. Most of us who drafted McGahee have no recourse this week and must start our #1 RB. Please do what you can to help him get some garbage time TD's and maybe possibly some kind of long reception.

If this happens we promise to help more people in the Start/Bench forum. Thank you. Amen.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDeepBomb » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:24 pm

Just hum to the sound of the universe...

ooooooohhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But I don't think all the humming in the world will help poor Willis this week. Thank goodness for small leagues ;-D
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "We will mock you" - MVP - Phillip Rivers
2009 Winner - 12 Man Yahoo PPR League "Do dirties" - MVP - Joe Flacco
2009 Runner-Up - 14 Man Yahoo PPR League "Posse 4 Life" - MVP - MJD
TheDeepBomb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:55 pm

GARBAGE TIME TDS? Those will be the divine providence of His Holy Chicago Bears.

I hope we put McGahee in therapy due to mental anguish. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:45 pm

I think Willis could actually have a decent game this week. Chicago is 7th against the run this year, but mainly because they are only averaging a league low 20 times rushed against per game. They really haven't been tested all that much. They're ypc given up is 4.0 ypc which is 19th in the NFL.

Buffalo is 9th in the league in rushing offense and has attempted the 11th most rushes in the league per game, and that's within 3 rushes per game of the #4 team in rush attempts. So they'll definitely give McGahee the ball plenty, and I think he could end up having a decent game. It won't be fantastic, but it may not be as bad as people think.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:49 pm

mattb47 wrote:I think Willis could actually have a decent game this week. Chicago is 7th against the run this year, but mainly because they are only averaging a league low 20 times rushed against per game. They really haven't been tested all that much. They're ypc given up is 4.0 ypc which is 19th in the NFL.

Buffalo is 9th in the league in rushing offense and has attempted the 11th most rushes in the league per game, and that's within 3 rushes per game of the #4 team in rush attempts. So they'll definitely give McGahee the ball plenty, and I think he could end up having a decent game. It won't be fantastic, but it may not be as bad as people think.

Sure. Just keep telling yourself that... :-)

Seriously, though, I was hoping to avoid starting him by playing Westbrook and Chester Taylor. With Westbrook's situation looking dire, I may join the circle of hand-holding and chanting soon...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:01 am

First of all, I absolutely love the Eric Zeier sig! That's a nice blast from the past right there. As for McGahee, as much as I love my boy Willis, I don't think a solid game is in the cards for him this week. The Bears D will be eating Losman alive and I can't imagine the Bills keeping it very close, forcing the Bills to abandon the run. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:48 am

I have a hard time seeing Willis put up anything more than mediocre numbers agaisnt DahBears. There is a chance that Jauron might have knowledge of any kinks in that D, but they are playing as well as ever. And ever includes a lot of top notch Bears' Ds.

But if it will help..

Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:19 am

what about a prayer circle for us Westbrook owners? :-D
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:30 am

Dick Jauron has absolutely no special info about this Bear D. This is Lovie's D. There are several faces that he's never coached, and this is one of the first things Lovie re-vamped.

If DJ is going to out coach the Bears, he's going to have to do it the way everyone else has to. And the Steelers showed that it could be done... I just don't think Buffalo is on that level.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:40 am

Amazing Oopah wrote:what about a prayer circle for us Westbrook owners? :-D

Try the alternative healing forum. Say hi to the SA owners for me.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting