TO may not be suicidal, but he's a nutcase. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

TO may not be suicidal, but he's a nutcase.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:47 am

V-unit wrote:i dunno why you guys hate TO.Dude speaks the truth and says whats on his mind and not hiding shit from anyone.


Unfortunately you're wrong. Actually look up some of the facts, not just news blurbs about last year, in particular the evidence that was published after the arbitrator's ruling on whether or not the Eagles could suspense TO.

The man doesn't just talk trash constantly, he purposefully and willingly breaks legal contracts, he threatens his co-workers and bosses, and outright lies.

Factor in his arrogance, and the fact that people as a whole hate arrogance, and that he has the maturity of a 6 year old, its not hard to understand why people don't like him. Its the image he portrays to the media, because he's an ego-maniac that can't handle not having attention, so he does whatever ridiculous behavior necessary to keep himself in the headlines.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:49 am

BTW, I wonder how much "TO sells" or how much of it is forced consumption.

It's like this one time, my mom bought terrible, generic lemon lime sodas, and my brother and I stayed away from it forever. finally, once the choices were dwindling we drank it, because its all there was. Then, next grocery shop, she bought more.

We were like "WTF"? And she goes, well you finished it all, I thought you liked it and bought more.

Kind of the same deal with ESPN, it "sells" because they are the only real game in down, so they set the agenda. And people are going to watch...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:06 am

I've never seen so many people who say T.O. does not sell, sit here and talk about him like there is no tomorrow. You have to admit there is something about him that soo many people (whether they mean to or not ) find intriguing. That is why when the whole "overdose" story comes out, there is a thread started and within a day there is over 1000 views, no other thread title other than "T.O. overdoses" would attract anywhere near that much attention. Imagine if you saw "Greg Jennings Overdose" it would get like maybe 300+ views. Fact is, whether you like him or hate him, he is very interesting, and he SELLS!! He is maybe second to the damn President as far as how many news reporters he can attract. Anyways I like him, you hate him, either way we all deep down inside just really love to hear about him.
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 528
Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:15 am

Seeing as how mess up TO's childhood I don't know why it seems odd that he would want to write a children's book.

I think the idea that he would want to do something to help kids should be commended, instead of ridiculed. Get past your own hatred and realize that he is trying to do good. Both for kids and himself.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:54 am

Up next, "Little T learns to count with pills".

Stolen from the radio.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:19 am

V-unit wrote:i dunno why you guys hate TO.Dude speaks the truth and says whats on his mind and not hiding shit from anyone.


How would you like it your co-workers openly bad mouthed you? The dude's nothing but a self-centered, childish psychopath with mental problems. :-D

oh, and watch the language ;-D
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:27 am

This could turn into an endless debate with no real conclusion, arguing whether TO is what audiences want to see or if TO is what ESPN wants you to see. Reminds me of the "chicken or egg" thing.

Personally, I think it's grown past the point where audiences dictate what it is they want to see. I think that sports fans have gotten to their limit on TO, but ESPN continues to oversaturate with their TO coverage. And it doesn't help that it's no longer just sports media that pushes TO stuff.... TO is mainstream.

But I suppose that this is the state where overall news media is at right now. Plain old news is no longer satisfactory. News is now entertainment and they'll push what they think people want to see and overcompensate when they miss the boat. And people eat it up. Vicious cycle to say the least.


:edit:
Heh, seems I forgot to comment on TO writing children's books, LOL.

Anyways, have you guys seen the topics for his books so far? It's pretty hilarious considering who wrote them (although I do question the extent of his involvement in actually writing them). Sharing and watching what you say, I think. Don't remember exactly, since I heard about it on the radio. Funny stuff.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:16 pm

some of yall are contradictory, lets all complain about how much we cant stand to hear about TO but lets keep talking about it here, then you wonder why the radios and espn keeps talking about him....


besides, crack jokes and make fun of what he's doing if you want, i guess it makes some of you feel better about what youve done with your life so far, but last i checked he hasnt ever killed anyone(leanord little), he doesnt drive around drunk and party hard after every big game he has(bengals) and he doesnt quit on the field or walk off before the games over(randy moss), so how bout commending him for doing something decent instead this time....


I bet if he donated some money to charity half of you would find a way to turn that into another sick joke and say he's doing it for himself
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:19 pm

LS2throwed wrote:some of yall are contradictory, lets all complain about how much we cant stand to hear about TO but lets keep talking about it here, then you wonder why the radios and espn keeps talking about him....


besides, crack jokes and make fun of what he's doing if you want, i guess it makes some of you feel better about what youve done with your life so far, but last i checked he hasnt ever killed anyone(leanord little), he doesnt drive around drunk and party hard after every big game he has(bengals) and he doesnt quit on the field or walk off before the games over(randy moss), so how bout commending him for doing something decent instead this time....


I bet if he donated some money to charity half of you would find a way to turn that into another sick joke and say he's doing it for himself



How about.... :-? ..... um......He keeps himself in great shape. Does that work? Other than that, he's a donkey's rear. :-D
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:33 am

wrveres wrote:
josebach wrote:
V-unit wrote:i dunno why you guys hate TO.Dude speaks the truth and says whats on his mind and not hiding shit from anyone.


It's called being a professional. What if everybody spoke their mind

:-o whats wrong with speaking your mind? that used to be a good quality in society, now it is frowned upon? Is it his fault that every meal the guy has is recorded by a reporter, or a blog somewhere? That ESPN has a huge man crush on him?

I don't understand why he is not allowed to speak his mind

josebach wrote: it's embarassing. T.O. is embarassing. He's a 32 year old child. Fortunately, he's so despised that very few people actually think that THAT'S what a grown man is supposed to act like.


How or why is it embarassing to you?
What has he done to embarass you? and if he is so dispised, why are marketing companies stilll endorsing him ?

Am I confused here?


Why is it no shock to me at all that you'll take the minority opinion here? You love playing the devil's advocate, don't ya?

How predictable. LOL :-b

You would be a GREAT defense attorney!
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:10 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact