Is LT Getting Soft ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is LT Getting Soft ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is LT Getting Soft ?

Postby X Man » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:38 am

I read in yesterdays USA today, That after last Sundays game against the Ravens that LT told reporters that he asked out of the game late in the fourth quarter in favor of M. Turner who he thought was a better fit for ramming the ball up the middle while attempting run out the clock. ( Marty Ball )

I agree with the reporter that it was highly unusaul that not only did he ask out, but he volunteered that info. I may be wrong but I never viewed LT as someone who was afraid of contact or running between the tackles, It would have been different if he said he needed a blow or something but to say Turner is better equipt then he in these situations ? I bet he would not of asked out if this was on the goaline.
X Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crippler » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:55 am

He's not a selfish player. He knows that Turner is better in certain situations so he allowed him the chance to take a few snaps. Good for him, the NFL could use a few more veterans willing to give the other guys a chance when they can be used effectively.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Postby matmat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:55 am

if i recall correctly... it was at the goalline.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby V-unit » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 am

post up a link then ill comment on this.
Starting Linup for 2007
QB:M.Schaub*,J.Cambell,J.Dellhomme(IR)
RB:L.Tomlinson*,Rudi Johnson*,E.Grahm,C.WIlliams(IR)
WR:S.Smith*,Roy Williams*,G.Jennings,N.Burleson
WR/TE:A.Gates*,D.Clark
K:S.M.Grokaswkie NE K*,S.Grahm
D:SD*,Tennesee
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:22 am

I think all good running backs are getting wiser about body preservation. You've heard it in the past from Priest Holmes, Tiki Barber, and Shaun Alexander. Instead of looking at the second stringer as a threat, they now appreciate having a dependable horse to alleviate the workload. I think you look at the current crop of really good RBs, they are all looking to be productive into their 30s, whereas in the past you could write them off once they hit that age.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby X Man » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:53 am

X Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:09 am

Great, now we can anxiously await V-unit's response. I am on pins and needles :-) :-).
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:28 am

I read that too. But I don't think that you can say that any RB on pace for over 400 carries could be called soft.

What I would say is that if he does that again than I would call for an immediate dismissal of coach Marty. I know he's a football coach and not a mathmatician, but it doesn't take a beautiful mind to figure that if you stud RB wants more rest and you lose a game becuase he isn't there at the end, you must find a way to rest him in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. You must play your studs in crunch time. Big mistake by Marty much more so than a softness by LT. IMO.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby matmat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:32 am

moochman wrote:I read that too. But I don't think that you can say that any RB on pace for over 400 carries could be called soft.

What I would say is that if he does that again than I would call for an immediate dismissal of coach Marty. I know he's a football coach and not a mathmatician, but it doesn't take a beautiful mind to figure that if you stud RB wants more rest and you lose a game becuase he isn't there at the end, you must find a way to rest him in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. You must play your studs in crunch time. Big mistake by Marty much more so than a softness by LT. IMO.

marty is not a good coach. that intentional safety was imbecillic.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:11 am

matmat wrote:
moochman wrote:I read that too. But I don't think that you can say that any RB on pace for over 400 carries could be called soft.

marty is not a good coach. that intentional safety was imbecillic.

If you think about it, it wasn't a imbecillic move. Baltimore was down 13-7, less than a TD. So if the Ravens scores a TD, safety or not, they will win. It's better to give the 2 points and punt the ball from your 30 (after a safety) than to punt out of your own endzone. But I guess you know better than a coach who's been around for decades. It wasn't his fault his players tried to arm tackle/ bump down a big TE.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk