Is LT Getting Soft ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is LT Getting Soft ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:12 am

I think LT is just trying to preserve his body for the stretch run of the season/playoffs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PurpleHaze » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:54 am

mysticphysh wrote:
matmat wrote:
moochman wrote:I read that too. But I don't think that you can say that any RB on pace for over 400 carries could be called soft.

What I would say is that if he does that again than I would call for an immediate dismissal of coach Marty. I know he's a football coach and not a mathmatician, but it doesn't take a beautiful mind to figure that if you stud RB wants more rest and you lose a game becuase he isn't there at the end, you must find a way to rest him in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. You must play your studs in crunch time. Big mistake by Marty much more so than a softness by LT. IMO.

marty is not a good coach. that intentional safety was imbecillic.

If you think about it, it wasn't a imbecillic move. Baltimore was down 13-7, less than a TD. So if the Ravens scores a TD, safety or not, they will win. It's better to give the 2 points and punt the ball from your 30 (after a safety) than to punt out of your own endzone. But I guess you know better than a coach who's been around for decades. It wasn't his fault his players tried to arm tackle/ bump down a big TE.

Exactly! ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby matmat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:39 pm

mysticphysh wrote:But I guess you know better than a coach who's been around for decades. It wasn't his fault his players tried to arm tackle/ bump down a big TE.

of course I don't. but at the same time he is the coach that has lost quite a number (the most?) single digit deficit games the last couple of years?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:53 pm

matmat wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:But I guess you know better than a coach who's been around for decades. It wasn't his fault his players tried to arm tackle/ bump down a big TE.

of course I don't. but at the same time he is the coach that has lost quite a number (the most?) single digit deficit games the last couple of years?

My point being, it wasn't a bad call taking the safety. In fact, most coaches would have...most coaches that can do math in their head, that is.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:58 pm

moochman wrote:I read that too. But I don't think that you can say that any RB on pace for over 400 carries could be called soft.

What I would say is that if he does that again than I would call for an immediate dismissal of coach Marty. I know he's a football coach and not a mathmatician, but it doesn't take a beautiful mind to figure that if you stud RB wants more rest and you lose a game becuase he isn't there at the end, you must find a way to rest him in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. You must play your studs in crunch time. Big mistake by Marty much more so than a softness by LT. IMO.

Marty needs to be fired anyway. he's a good coach, but he's always been waaaaaay too conservative. the only way he's gonna get the load off LT is if he lets rivers air it out a little bit. running the ball on 3rd and long doesn't get the job done. if he would put more trust in phillip rivers, LT wouldnt have to run as much and the chargers would likely move the ball even more effectively than they already do. rivers has looked good when given the chance to throw. marty has to give him those chances and take some of the load off of LT.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby matmat » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:05 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Marty needs to ...

Looks like you got the wish in your sig... well... sort of.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:25 pm

Did I get a RBBC with my #1 pick?

I'm a little afraid. Just a little, but still. :-o
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Bowie wrote:Did I get a RBBC with my #1 pick?

I'm a little afraid. Just a little, but still. :-o

Turner outrushed him tonight. (56 to 36)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Shea-bird » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:37 pm

not to mention turner took most of the snaps in the 4th quarter...i thought LT was injured or somethin...kinda weird to put a backup in during the defining moments of a game...
Shea-bird
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dmzhere » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:10 am

Don't want to hit the panic button just quite yet being an LT owner but Marty ball is getting a bit too aggressive for me to stomach. What is this lining LT up in the slot WR position with Turner in the backfield? And using LT as a decoy? Is Marti trying to be... unpredictable?

When he gave LT 20 touches by halftime against the Raiders earlier this year, life was really good.

I'm glad chivalry is not dead with LT but for gawd's sakes, does he know how many of us drafted him in the first round?

I will watch the Chargers v. 49er game this weekend with keen interest.
Next Season...
dmzhere Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk