Is Auburn really worthy of #2?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Is Auburn really worthy of #2??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:12 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Did anyone else see that play that Arkansas ran with the short guy basically laying down behind the QB? What the heck was that? :-?

Tuberville might want to keep his mouth shut next week....Looks like the "vaunted" SEC might not be so tough after all.


That was a great play. I assume nobody could see him back there squating and when they handed him the ball it took the D a bit of time to recognize him running. That was a key play to this game for Ark.

Agreed about the SEC but Shhhhhhhh! don't tell Bagel.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Sandrock » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:35 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Did anyone else see that play that Arkansas ran with the short guy basically laying down behind the QB? What the heck was that? :-?

Tuberville might want to keep his mouth shut next week....Looks like the "vaunted" SEC might not be so tough after all.


That was a great play. I assume nobody could see him back there squating and when they handed him the ball it took the D a bit of time to recognize him running. That was a key play to this game for Ark.

Agreed about the SEC but Shhhhhhhh! don't tell Bagel.


That was a great play. That guy can't be over 5'7-5'8. I think the SEC is still tough. But a few chinks in the armor now.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby mikus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:36 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Did anyone else see that play that Arkansas ran with the short guy basically laying down behind the QB? What the heck was that? :-?

Tuberville might want to keep his mouth shut next week....Looks like the "vaunted" SEC might not be so tough after all.


I do not think that losing to teams in your own conference makes you a weak conference. I think as a whole it means your conference is stronger. Which is what we have said all along about the SEC compared to other conferences, and it was proven today by Arkansas beating Auburn.
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 pm

USC crushed Arkansas.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 pm

mikus wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Did anyone else see that play that Arkansas ran with the short guy basically laying down behind the QB? What the heck was that? :-?

Tuberville might want to keep his mouth shut next week....Looks like the "vaunted" SEC might not be so tough after all.


I do not think that losing to teams in your own conference makes you a weak conference. I think as a whole it means your conference is stronger. Which is what we have said all along about the SEC compared to other conferences, and it was proven today by Arkansas beating Auburn.


Arkansas is underrated (obviously). Plus I think Tuberville's comments may have fired up the Hogs this week.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2302
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Memphis, TN...watching the games with Elvis

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:49 pm

Arkansas looks like a totally new team now with Mustain at the helm, they should've just thrown him out there day 1. Getting their best player (McFadden) back doesn't hurt either.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:53 pm

As for the SEC I'll agree a bit that it's not as great as cracked up to be, mainly because Georgia and now Auburn to an extent haven't held up there end of the bargain.

But then I look back to that Tennessee/Cal game and how much of a joke that Cal (which certainly appears to be the best team in the Pac-10 to me at this point) defense was and how much their offense was shut down against a good D and it just makes it hard for me to believe that the SEC is getting significantly more hype than they deserve.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Arkansas looks like a totally new team now with Mustain at the helm, they should've just thrown him out there day 1.


I agree. USC would have still killed the Hogs...but it would have been a closer game. The Hogs are sitting pretty to win the SEC west.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2302
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Memphis, TN...watching the games with Elvis

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Free Bagel wrote:As for the SEC I'll agree a bit that it's not as great as cracked up to be, mainly because Georgia and now Auburn to an extent haven't held up there end of the bargain.

But then I look back to that Tennessee/Cal game and how much of a joke that Cal (which certainly appears to be the best team in the Pac-10 to me at this point) defense was and how much their offense was shut down against a good D and it just makes it hard for me to believe that the SEC is getting significantly more hype than they deserve.


I feel the SEC is still a great conference and probably the best. But Auburn isn't #2, LSU and Georgia isn't #11.

Now in the Tenn / Cal game I just feel Cal was not ready for their first game. They appear to be a different team today than on that day. Not that they would beat Tenn but I feel it would be a better game.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:07 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:As for the SEC I'll agree a bit that it's not as great as cracked up to be, mainly because Georgia and now Auburn to an extent haven't held up there end of the bargain.

But then I look back to that Tennessee/Cal game and how much of a joke that Cal (which certainly appears to be the best team in the Pac-10 to me at this point) defense was and how much their offense was shut down against a good D and it just makes it hard for me to believe that the SEC is getting significantly more hype than they deserve.


I feel the SEC is still a great conference and probably the best. But Auburn isn't #2, LSU and Georgia isn't #11.

Now in the Tenn / Cal game I just feel Cal was not ready for their first game. They appear to be a different team today than on that day. Not that they would beat Tenn but I feel it would be a better game.


I agree that Cal looks a lot better now and it would be closer if they were playing now instead of then, so does Tennessee though (though not as large an improvement as Cal). I think Cal would be able to do quite a bit more offensively, but defensively it wasn't really gameplanning or anything like that, just beyond awful tackling and bad fundamentals. That's not really something that's fixable in a few weeks.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:10 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact