Is Auburn really worthy of #2?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Is Auburn really worthy of #2??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:12 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Did anyone else see that play that Arkansas ran with the short guy basically laying down behind the QB? What the heck was that? :-?

Tuberville might want to keep his mouth shut next week....Looks like the "vaunted" SEC might not be so tough after all.

That was a great play. I assume nobody could see him back there squating and when they handed him the ball it took the D a bit of time to recognize him running. That was a key play to this game for Ark.

Agreed about the SEC but Shhhhhhhh! don't tell Bagel.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Sandrock » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:35 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Did anyone else see that play that Arkansas ran with the short guy basically laying down behind the QB? What the heck was that? :-?

Tuberville might want to keep his mouth shut next week....Looks like the "vaunted" SEC might not be so tough after all.

That was a great play. I assume nobody could see him back there squating and when they handed him the ball it took the D a bit of time to recognize him running. That was a key play to this game for Ark.

Agreed about the SEC but Shhhhhhhh! don't tell Bagel.

That was a great play. That guy can't be over 5'7-5'8. I think the SEC is still tough. But a few chinks in the armor now.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:36 pm

I do not think that losing to teams in your own conference makes you a weak conference. I think as a whole it means your conference is stronger. Which is what we have said all along about the SEC compared to other conferences, and it was proven today by Arkansas beating Auburn.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 pm

USC crushed Arkansas.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 pm

mikus wrote:

I do not think that losing to teams in your own conference makes you a weak conference. I think as a whole it means your conference is stronger. Which is what we have said all along about the SEC compared to other conferences, and it was proven today by Arkansas beating Auburn.

Arkansas is underrated (obviously). Plus I think Tuberville's comments may have fired up the Hogs this week.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:49 pm

Arkansas looks like a totally new team now with Mustain at the helm, they should've just thrown him out there day 1. Getting their best player (McFadden) back doesn't hurt either.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:53 pm

As for the SEC I'll agree a bit that it's not as great as cracked up to be, mainly because Georgia and now Auburn to an extent haven't held up there end of the bargain.

But then I look back to that Tennessee/Cal game and how much of a joke that Cal (which certainly appears to be the best team in the Pac-10 to me at this point) defense was and how much their offense was shut down against a good D and it just makes it hard for me to believe that the SEC is getting significantly more hype than they deserve.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 1crzydmnd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Arkansas looks like a totally new team now with Mustain at the helm, they should've just thrown him out there day 1.

I agree. USC would have still killed the Hogs...but it would have been a closer game. The Hogs are sitting pretty to win the SEC west.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Free Bagel wrote:As for the SEC I'll agree a bit that it's not as great as cracked up to be, mainly because Georgia and now Auburn to an extent haven't held up there end of the bargain.

But then I look back to that Tennessee/Cal game and how much of a joke that Cal (which certainly appears to be the best team in the Pac-10 to me at this point) defense was and how much their offense was shut down against a good D and it just makes it hard for me to believe that the SEC is getting significantly more hype than they deserve.

I feel the SEC is still a great conference and probably the best. But Auburn isn't #2, LSU and Georgia isn't #11.

Now in the Tenn / Cal game I just feel Cal was not ready for their first game. They appear to be a different team today than on that day. Not that they would beat Tenn but I feel it would be a better game.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:07 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:As for the SEC I'll agree a bit that it's not as great as cracked up to be, mainly because Georgia and now Auburn to an extent haven't held up there end of the bargain.

I feel the SEC is still a great conference and probably the best. But Auburn isn't #2, LSU and Georgia isn't #11.

Now in the Tenn / Cal game I just feel Cal was not ready for their first game. They appear to be a different team today than on that day. Not that they would beat Tenn but I feel it would be a better game.

I agree that Cal looks a lot better now and it would be closer if they were playing now instead of then, so does Tennessee though (though not as large an improvement as Cal). I think Cal would be able to do quite a bit more offensively, but defensively it wasn't really gameplanning or anything like that, just beyond awful tackling and bad fundamentals. That's not really something that's fixable in a few weeks.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to College Football