Pac-10 Officials keep thier prize posession undefeated!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Pac-10 Officials keep thier prize posession undefeated!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:58 pm

knapplc wrote:Some of the blame for this goes to UW, some goes to the officiating crew, but most goes to the rulemakers. I hate this new clock rule. Something like this bizarre game-ending play never would happen with the old rule.

It's a crappy rule, plain and simple.

Agree!
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:59 pm

BGbootha wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Eh, that one looked kind of like it was on the left tackle, what the heck is he thinking there? They should've been set on the ball just waiting. They had to wait for the chains to reset and the play before was a fairly sizeable gain.

It did look like 3 extra seconds or so went off after the play before, but that's just the home field clock like you'd probably see anywhere else, though the ref was also very slow to signal for the clock stoppage.

Yeah, I agree. But what sportcenter doesn't show you is that UW (left tackle and all) are ready on the ball for a good 20-30 seconds while the refs are off to the side discussing the clock issue. It is only when the left tackle turns around to see what the hell is taking so long that the ball is put into play!!!

I just watched it again and agree they were ready but not for 20-30 seconds. They should have put more time on the clock.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby BGbootha » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Some of the blame for this goes to UW, some goes to the officiating crew, but most goes to the rulemakers. I hate this new clock rule. Something like this bizarre game-ending play never would happen with the old rule.

It's a crappy rule, plain and simple.

Agree!

;-D ;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:20 am

Wait what did the new clock rule have to do with this one? It's always stopped on first downs and then been wound after the chains move.

The more I thought about it the more I had to wonder why UW was trying to run a play there rather than just spiking the ball...2 seconds is enough time for that and then the guys don't have to worry about what the play is and ask the QB.

What was the LT even asking there? I mean, it's not like he was trying to figure out if they were going to run block or pass block and w/ 2 seconds left I don't think teams usually bother calling out protection packages as their just isn't time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Mugrila » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:42 am

I'm more upset about the fake field goal than the last play. The last play was as much our fault as the refs so it's hard for me to blame anybody else. However, there were several things that irked me about the fake fg USC had to resort to. I don't like the holders knee being down when he got the snap, nor do I like the receiver. (I thought I heard something about his eligibility) Either way, we played toe to toe with the saintly Trojans and came up a play or two shy. Nothing to be ahamed of.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:44 pm

Mugrila wrote:I'm more upset about the fake field goal than the last play. The last play was as much our fault as the refs so it's hard for me to blame anybody else. However, there were several things that irked me about the fake fg USC had to resort to. I don't like the holders knee being down when he got the snap, nor do I like the receiver. (I thought I heard something about his eligibility) Either way, we played toe to toe with the saintly Trojans and came up a play or two shy. Nothing to be ahamed of.

I agree with the question about the knee being down. I've never liked that little bit of flexibility in the rules.

Yeah, I think Washington has a lot to be proud of about this game. They were one odd play away from perhaps winning this game. I know it's not a gimme that they chuck the ball in the endzone and score, but I would have liked to see them get the chance.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football