How fantasy football affects the way you watch the game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How fantasy football affects the way you watch the game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:35 am

It adds a completely different approach to viewing the games. You have some sort of vested interest in every game. I never root against my favorite team, that's the golden rule. However it is obviously possible to have your team win and have an opposing team's player that you have still put up decent numbers.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Netsfan5 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:53 am

I always start Pennington at a QB spot, and I try to start Coles as much as possible. Last week when the Jets were on the goalline, I wanted Chad to toss it, but Barlow got the points instead.
Netsfan5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:21 am

It adds a completely different approach to viewing the games. You have some sort of vested interest in every game. I never root against my favorite team, that's the golden rule. However it is obviously possible to have your team win and have an opposing team's player that you have still put up decent numbers.

I hate starting opposing players against your favorite team. For example, this week I was forced to start Jennings against my Rams...

im hoping we go up big early so they can play catch up and throw the ball, but as we all know the Rams play down to their competition and could never blow anyone out, especially on the road.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jnjtk555 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:03 am

Any football is better than no football and i think FF has only added to my awareness of individual perfromances; the NFL network provides updated stats of teams and how players are perfoming, so you dont really need to see a lot of games to keep up w/ hoew your players are doing; i admit though i do frequent the NFL network even will live games in our area are on. In most games i do have a team id like to win but as everyFF player i want my players to have big games. Player like A Johnson and A Bryant i do kinda want/expect their teams to get down early so the will get more looks so i guess FF has had a moderate affect on how i view games. Excellent ? by the way ;-D ;-D
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:40 pm

FF has made us all get deeper into the game then most people ever thought they could, never did i check or be concerned with who was hurt, who was going to start, up and coming, what tendencies their team plays with....its almost like an addiction, and i cant help but add up points during the games now even i fi dont have the players
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk