one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Moderator: Football Moderators

one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Postby stevelabny » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:19 am

One more comment about the Rush/Donovan situation (cuz why should i ever let it die?) Sports Guy had an interesting comment on Espn's Page 2.

"While arguing that Donovan McNabb was overrated -- a point also made in this column just last week -- Rush Limbaugh claimed that the media was pushing for a black QB to succeed, so they pumped up McNabb and made him seem better than he really was. This wasn't much different than Isiah Thomas claiming that Larry Bird would be "just another good player" if he were black, was it? Didn't think so. But everyone let Isiah off the hook, while Limbaugh has been barbecued for a solid week. Go figure. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it ... it's just interesting, that's all."

I had forgotten about Isiah's "racist" remarks. (again, theyre NOT racist BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE. larry bird WAS over-hyped as a great WHITE basketball player)

The point here is CLEAR.

This is THE SAME COMMENT.

Isiah says Bird is over-rated because he's white, NOBODY CARES.
Rush says McNabb is over-rated because he's black, CONTROVERSY, ACCUSATIONS OF RACISM, LOSS OF JOB.
(now to rush, thats no big deal, but imagine if YOU lost YOUR job.)

do we see the double standard?
(obviously we do, youd have to be some kind of moron to not see the double standard)

probably time to form some caucasian-defense alliance for the oppressed white folk before we get all our tongues cut out just to prevent us from saying our inborn racist thoughts.

yes thats sarcasm, but a few more years of idiots like isiah and mcnabb and that's where we'll be.
stevelabny


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby kid a » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:23 am

I swore I was done talking about it, but I've been drawn back in.

I've spent my whole life in the Chicago or Detroit areas, where Isiah is held in the highest light in the country, he's considered a hero by a lot of people. And NOBODY has forgotten his stupid comments. Nearly everytime someone brings up Isiah, the ignorant Larry Bird comments are brought up.

I don't really think he was let off the hook for that. And he paid for it again 2 months ago.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Re: one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:31 am

stevelabny wrote:One more comment about the Rush/Donovan situation (cuz why should i ever let it die?) Sports Guy had an interesting comment on Espn's Page 2.

"While arguing that Donovan McNabb was overrated -- a point also made in this column just last week -- Rush Limbaugh claimed that the media was pushing for a black QB to succeed, so they pumped up McNabb and made him seem better than he really was. This wasn't much different than Isiah Thomas claiming that Larry Bird would be "just another good player" if he were black, was it? Didn't think so. But everyone let Isiah off the hook, while Limbaugh has been barbecued for a solid week. Go figure. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it ... it's just interesting, that's all."

I had forgotten about Isiah's "racist" remarks. (again, theyre NOT racist BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE. larry bird WAS over-hyped as a great WHITE basketball player)

The point here is CLEAR.

This is THE SAME COMMENT.

Isiah says Bird is over-rated because he's white, NOBODY CARES.
Rush says McNabb is over-rated because he's black, CONTROVERSY, ACCUSATIONS OF RACISM, LOSS OF JOB.
(now to rush, thats no big deal, but imagine if YOU lost YOUR job.)

do we see the double standard?
(obviously we do, youd have to be some kind of moron to not see the double standard)

probably time to form some caucasian-defense alliance for the oppressed white folk before we get all our tongues cut out just to prevent us from saying our inborn racist thoughts.

yes thats sarcasm, but a few more years of idiots like isiah and mcnabb and that's where we'll be.


Larry Bird over-rated. Wow, stick to football, because apparently you don't know jack shit about basketball. I guess because he couldn't do a reverse jam, that makes him over-hyped. Now, if you want to see a over-hyped basketball player, take a look at Isiah. He wasn't half the player he was hyped up to be.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Paladyr » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:33 am

he wasn't let off the hook but he wasn't treated as harshly as Rush. Ridiculous.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2454
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wallowing in my own crapulence

Re: one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Postby kid a » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:37 am

Anonymous wrote:
stevelabny wrote:One more comment about the Rush/Donovan situation (cuz why should i ever let it die?) Sports Guy had an interesting comment on Espn's Page 2.

"

yes thats sarcasm, but a few more years of idiots like isiah and mcnabb and that's where we'll be.


Larry Bird over-rated. Wow, stick to football, because apparently you don't know jack shit about basketball. I guess because he couldn't do a reverse jam, that makes him over-hyped. Now, if you want to see a over-hyped basketball player, take a look at Isiah. He wasn't half the player he was hyped up to be.



No offense, but anyone who calls Larry Bird OR Isiah overrated doesn't know much about basketball IMO. :) Both deserve large shrines in the NBA Hall of Fame.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby SinCity » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:46 am

kid a all over this one. Couldn't have said it better than that.
Image
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1860
Joined: 12 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: KC MO

Re: one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:49 am

kid a wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
stevelabny wrote:One more comment about the Rush/Donovan situation (cuz why should i ever let it die?) Sports Guy had an interesting comment on Espn's Page 2.

"

yes thats sarcasm, but a few more years of idiots like isiah and mcnabb and that's where we'll be.


Larry Bird over-rated. Wow, stick to football, because apparently you don't know jack shit about basketball. I guess because he couldn't do a reverse jam, that makes him over-hyped. Now, if you want to see a over-hyped basketball player, take a look at Isiah. He wasn't half the player he was hyped up to be.



No offense, but anyone who calls Larry Bird OR Isiah overrated doesn't know much about basketball IMO. :) Both deserve large shrines in the NBA Hall of Fame.


All right, your right. I was just angry about the Larry Bird comment. They both deserve the hall of fame. I just get really mad when people say Bird is over-rated. I watched practically every game he played in, and can personally say he deserves all the hype he gets.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Postby Arlo » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:57 am

kid a wrote:No offense, but anyone who calls Larry Bird OR Isiah overrated doesn't know much about basketball IMO. :) Both deserve large shrines in the NBA Hall of Fame.

No doubt about Thomas' contributions on the court, but I think his place in basketball history has to be diminished by the whole CBA fiasco... Maybe a small shrine? A tarnished shrine? ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6631
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 50 yard line

Re: one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Postby Transmogrifier » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:22 pm

stevelabny wrote: larry bird WAS over-hyped as a great WHITE basketball player)


You are an idiot if you believe that. Larry Bird overrated? Please.

stevelabny wrote:do we see the double standard?
(obviously we do, youd have to be some kind of moron to not see the double standard)


Perhaps there's a double standard, but what are you going to do to Thomas? Fire him? Right. Espn doesn't want the controversy, so they essentially fired him. That's the way it works.

stevelabny wrote: probably time to form some caucasian-defense alliance for the oppressed white folk before we get all our tongues cut out just to prevent us from saying our inborn racist thoughts.


Why is it when someone is racist whites (and I'm white) always say that when people say things against whites nothing is done? A Caucasian defense alliance? Jeez. Look: Racism against any race is bad. But it's a fact that minorities--and blacks in particular--are more sensitive. And, if you know you're history, there's damn good reason. I think you need to calm down.

stevelabny wrote:yes thats sarcasm, but a few more years of idiots like isiah and mcnabb and that's where we'll be.


OK, THomas is an idiot for his comments, fine. But McNabb, what did he do? Be black?
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 711
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PresBoogie » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:36 am

Good point about McNabb... he has done nothing wrong. He has a right to be offended by dipstick Rush Limbaugh.

I read a great post this weekend. There is a clear double-standard.... but not involving McNabb. How do you explain Urlacher and Sehorn? They are over-hyped white players.

If a guy is a good football player, what else matters? It takes more than genes to get to the NFL...
PresBoogie


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:47 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact