one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

one last comment on rush byt he SPORTS GUY

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JRRNeiklot » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:35 am

PresBoogie wrote:Good point about McNabb... he has done nothing wrong. He has a right to be offended by dipstick Rush Limbaugh.

As far as I know, nowhere does the United States constitution provide for the right to be offended, yet in this era of political correctness, everyone seems to think so. As I said on the other thread, it's a sad day when a man get's fired, and let's face it, that's what happenned in all but name, for simply stating an opinion. Whether or not anyone agrees with Rush is irrelevant. Every sports fan should be pissed as hell about this. Is Mcnabb overrated? In my opinion, yes. But then, I'm a Steve Mcnair fan. Mcnair is UNDERRATED in my opinion, but do I get upset because Vick, Mcnabb, Favre, etc get more attention? No. When a man loses his job because of an insult, whether or not the insult has ANY basis in fact, that's just WRONG.
JRRNeiklot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wizbang » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:58 am

The term "minority" in the US.

Majority: White male.
Minority: Everyone else.

Get real people, this is about shame not fairness. Plain and simple and if you are honest with yourself undeniable.
wizbang

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Haz » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:30 am

Thanks for the 2 interceptions this week McNabb :-t
Still trying to figure out why I picked you as my 2nd pick
Haz

Postby Haz » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:31 am

guess you were just..
over..ra...ted....
Haz

Postby dcheel » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:34 am

Jrrneiklot wrote:
As I said on the other thread, it's a sad day when a man get's fired, and let's face it, that's what happenned in all but name, for simply stating an opinion...When a man loses his job because of an insult, whether or not the insult has ANY basis in fact, that's just WRONG.

Are you kidding me? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you've never worked a day in your life. If I walked into my bosses office right now and stated my opinion of what I think of him, I'd be fired before I new what hit me. People get fired for stating their opinion all the time. I'm sorry but it's not a sad day when a moron like Rush gets kicked ot the curb for opening his bloated mouth and stating his "opinion." He can take his tired act back to his radio show where it belongs.
dcheel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:42 am

dcheel wrote:Jrrneiklot wrote:
As I said on the other thread, it's a sad day when a man get's fired, and let's face it, that's what happenned in all but name, for simply stating an opinion...When a man loses his job because of an insult, whether or not the insult has ANY basis in fact, that's just WRONG.

Are you kidding me? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you've never worked a day in your life. If I walked into my bosses office right now and stated my opinion of what I think of him, I'd be fired before I new what hit me. People get fired for stating their opinion all the time. I'm sorry but it's not a sad day when a moron like Rush gets kicked ot the curb for opening his bloated mouth and stating his "opinion." He can take his tired act back to his radio show where it belongs.

You're right. This is the greatest misconception about the constitution. You have a right to free speech. But it says "Congress shall make no law"--not ESPN, not a business. The government cannot censor you (and even that right is limited). Speech may be free--although it is not in an office environment--but it carries consequences.

ESPN doesn't want race brought into its shows, so it canned Rush. That's how it works.

As far as I know, nowhere does the United States constitution provide for the right to be offended, yet in this era of political correctness, everyone seems to think so.

Now that's funny. The author didn't really mean McNabb had a "right" to be offended--he meant just cause, or a reason to be offended. However, why do you think that someone can't be offended? This has nothing to do with the consititution. It has to do with private entities. If I said to my boss that I think he got his job because he's black, he'd likely fire me. That's the way the world works. It has nothing to do with a "right" to be offended.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JRRNeiklot » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:55 pm

Since when is Donovan Mcnabb Rush Limbaugh's boss?
JRRNeiklot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk