Robbie Gould vs. Marques Colston - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Robbie Gould vs. Marques Colston

Moderator: Football Moderators

Robbie Gould vs. Marques Colston

Postby skinsfan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:47 pm

I think he's the best fantasy kicker we've seen in a while, delivering consistently every week. He's kicked two 40-yard FG in the first quarter today vs. Buffalo.

Colston is a force at TE, but while Gould never seems to get shut down, I see Colston having a few crummy weeks.

Could the guy who picked up Robbie Gould benefit more than someone with Colston?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:05 pm

Yes, and the guy who picked up Colston could benefit more than the guy who picked up Robbie Gould. It depends on your league.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:44 pm

Today Gould has got me 19.50 points (tackle), while Colston has 2.65 points, FWIW.

Gould remains perfect on the year.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:18 pm

The only way to determine who will be the bigger pick really is how much of an upgrade they get for them based on the player they are benching/dropping for them, I imagine the player droped for Gould was another kicker, and it wasnt as big of a difference than the player benched for Colston. But thats not always the case.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Kickers generally outscore TEs anyways, if they aren't one of the elite ones. The Bears offense is pretty good so there is a ton of opportunities for Gould.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:34 pm

Colston seems way more valuable to me, especially given how much of a down year this is for all the "real" tight ends.

The fact that Colston can be started at TE just because a few teams had a fleeting thought about it at the combine even though to my knowledge he's never taken a snap at the position at any level is probably the biggest and most ridiculous blunder I've seen the major FF hosts (yahoo, etc) make.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skinsfan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 pm

It seems that you can pencil Gould in for 12 points every week, which is a consistency you don't get from Colston, who had 38 yards today and about the same until that junk play at the end of the Carolina game. Granted, on many weeks Colston will be the #1 TE, but the sort of consistency we're seeing out of Gould is rare for a player at any position, and is reserved normally to guys like Tomlinson and Manning.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:29 pm

Gould has been amazing for me, he is almost a lock for at least 10 points a week.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk