Cedric Benson sighting.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cedric Benson sighting....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cedric Benson sighting....

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:22 pm

looks good today, already scored once....like i told some others, doghouse or not, they dont intend on letting him sit on the bench the entire year....TJ isnt playing like last year, so he doesnt have that spot all to himself, i see benson getting worked more and more into the starting role towards seasons end regardless of what some people here think...
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Doughhead » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:37 pm

I personally think Chicago would be nuts to start messing with things right now. They are going so well and the last thing they need is to create a RB controversy. I think Benson will be used as a typical backup--about 10 carries a game, plus garbage time. He'll play something like one series per quarter or so.

Jones is doing well and I think he will be the primary back for the season unless something dramatic happens. Benson will be used to spell him and to motivate him. Remember, there aren't any backs who carry the ball on every single down.
Doughhead
Doughhead
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:20 pm

A RB who was taken in the first round, should be taking over/have taken over the starting role in his 2nd year. Benson should follow those lines, His production i see increasing during the year, as Jones goes down.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:39 pm

I don't see Benson getting more carries anytime soon. The only times he'll see extended playing time is if TJ gets hurt or the game is a blowout, like today's game was.

TJ's blitz pickup is still superior to Benson's at this point, and the Bears coaches will take ZERO risks when it comes to Grossman's health. As long as games are close and opposing teams are blitzing, Benson will only come in to spell TJ once in a while.

And Benson today didn't escape without a big mistake. Might have gotten 2 TDs, but he ruined the Bears shutout by fumbling the handoff from Griese and giving the Bills the ball on a short field. Won't see the fumble with Benson's stats because the NFL credits fumbles during handoffs to the QB, but anyone who watched that play can see it was Benson's fault.

So Benson still has a ways to go.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Jones' production is INCREASING. It's his FF points that haven't been so studly. 110 yards today... I think that's enough.

Benson is the starter when Jones gets hurt. End of story, IMO.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Benson's Carries will increase, theres no way that they will let this huge investment just sit there.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby mattb47 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:15 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Benson's Carries will increase, theres no way that they will let this huge investment just sit there.

Actually, if they continue to win games using him the way they are then yes they will let this huge investment just sit there. Benson got carries in a game they knew they had in the bag. It doesn't make me think they want to use him more just because he got more carries than usual in a game where they were dominating the Bills. TJ has looked better and better as the season has went on, he's not getting replaced anytime soon.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:41 pm

Doughhead wrote:I personally think Chicago would be nuts to start messing with things right now. They are going so well and the last thing they need is to create a RB controversy. I think Benson will be used as a typical backup--about 10 carries a game, plus garbage time. He'll play something like one series per quarter or so.

Jones is doing well and I think he will be the primary back for the season unless something dramatic happens. Benson will be used to spell him and to motivate him. Remember, there aren't any backs who carry the ball on every single down.

I dont think you can have a RB controvery honestly, they all knew the situation before camp even started....and with so many teams splitting the load down the middle, controversy is probably the last thing they could have at RB
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:59 pm

I think that if both RB can keep their heads in the game, RBBC is not a bad idea.

RB get hit more frequently than any other player (except maybe David Carr?) and are often pounding into the line vs. 350 lb behemoths in the line. And bounce back up and do it again and again. Having 2 quality RB might get you production on an elite level and give your team more long term productivity than running a dude 35-40 times a game. And, if one of them goes down in week 14, you have a guy who's ready for ACTION for the playoffs!!!
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 011472 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:48 pm

I agree with acidrock. If a team has two quality backs, they are wise to give them both the ball. I think rrbc will become more of a reality.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk