Why is SF coach still pulling Gore at Goal Line - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is SF coach still pulling Gore at Goal Line

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why is SF coach still pulling Gore at Goal Line

Postby alkaline » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:27 pm

Yea yea...i think he's learned his lesson...this guy is a certified STUD, let him score
alkaline
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:36 pm

A fumbling problem really isn't about "learning a lesson", if you have trouble holding onto the ball, just a decision not to isn't going to help.....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby alkaline » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:40 pm

mattb47 wrote:A fumbling problem really isn't about "learning a lesson", if you have trouble holding onto the ball, just a decision not to isn't going to help.....

I dont know....Tiki use to be a fumbling machine, he turned things around....
alkaline
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CKY_ROX » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Tiki only turned things arround after an offseason of work on it, Gore apperently still needs some work on it to get back the confidence of the coach

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:39 pm

ill take gore's production anyday though...he can run and is great out of the backfield
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby GMoney » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Both back struggled in short yardage today for the niners.

Gore was pulled out inside the 4 yard line a couple times early in the game. But he was in for some short yardage situations later on in the game (without much success).

I think the niners will be working on their short yardage stuff in practice. Gore will get his chances. He did tote the rock 25+ times today and probably needed a bit of a rest.

Here is a better question. After being the best thing in the Raider offense in the first half, why did the Raiders only target Randy Moss 1 time in the second half?
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Robinson can't get it done in short yardage, try Hicks maybe?
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:06 pm

GMoney wrote:Both back struggled in short yardage today for the niners.

Gore was pulled out inside the 4 yard line a couple times early in the game. But he was in for some short yardage situations later on in the game (without much success).

I think the niners will be working on their short yardage stuff in practice. Gore will get his chances. He did tote the rock 25+ times today and probably needed a bit of a rest.

Here is a better question. After being the best thing in the Raider offense in the first half, why did the Raiders only target Randy Moss 1 time in the second half?

Because Art Shell is a moron and their OC spent the last 10+ Years Fluffing Pillows in Idaho.

IIRC Tiki cured his fumbilitis by learning to carry the ball differently. That probably takes a lot of practice to get accustomed to, so I don't know if that's a fix you can impliment "in season".

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bravelaker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:19 pm

according to rotoworld

Gore asked out of a goal-line situation after a big run down to the Raiders' four in the second half. Michael Robinson couldn't close the deal, which probably bodes well for Gore getting another chance at touchdown carries going forward. Despite not scoring, Gore continues to impress as a receiver, with his elusiveness, and his stamina late in games.

If gore asked out of the situation you cant really blame the coach.
bravelaker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:40 pm

Gore didn't fumble at all today and Robinson cant get it done. Things look ok for Frank Gore owners (like myself).
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk