Goof of the Week - Week 5. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of the Week - Week 5.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:58 am

My Goof: Trying to decide between Reggie Williams and Braylon Edwards. I chose Edwards and will lose because of it.

NFL Goof: Drew Bledsoe & Kevin Jones.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:59 am

FF (7 teams, 2 losses): My thinking this summer that a QB platoon of Culpepper and Roethlisberger would be good this year (this is actually hurting me in several leagues), benching Joey Galloway to start Doug Gabriel

Real Football: Antrell Rolle trying to break LJ's neck, Indy's rushing defense, Pennington's INT show, Bledsoe one-upping Pennington's INT show

Lucky Ladders pool at work: Assuming Denver wins tonight, I would have a perfect week were it not for the brain fart that led to me picking Green Bay to beat StL.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Philly Pride » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:15 am

Real football:

"When I've got the weapons that I have right now, yeah, yeah, go ahead, come after me as much as you want. Because I'm gonna get the ball out of my hands into the hands of one of these guys that can score from anywhere on the field," said Bledsoe, who has a strong wide receiving tandem in No. 1 Terry Glenn and No. 2 Owens, plus tight end Jason Witten.

Yeah, that was a brilliant thing to say. I'm glad you backed that up on Sunday with your 3 INT and 7 sacks.[/quote]
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:23 am

Kitna earned my goof of the week. He turned into a Lions' QB right before my eyes. Threw three INTs, and fumbled once. The fumble was returned for a TD and his last INT was returned for a TD.

But it's the way he went about it that has me standing on the ledge. He turned into Jeff Garcia. Unblocked rush right up the middle on a screen and he fumbles the ball. Ah, Jeff..er..Jon. Can we talk for a moment? It's a screen, expect immediate pressure and value the ball. Oh, and did I mention that this was late in the 4th quarter when we were still leading? Yeah, value the ball, Jeff.

Very next series, 4th down and Jeffie is running around like..like..well, like a Lions' QB. Starts to get sacked and tosses the ball into the air. Pick 6. Visions of last year and Jeffie Garthia flooded my forebrain. Took more than a couple beers to blur that away.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jnjtk555 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:09 am

benching Mcnabb in favor of brees; for some reason i thought stallworth being out and westbrook a ? that the eagles would be stymied on offense; boy was i wrong :-t :-t ; and of course th8is move cost me the game :~(
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:18 am

jnjtk555 wrote:benching Mcnabb in favor of brees; for some reason i thought stallworth being out and westbrook a ? that the eagles would be stymied on offense; boy was i wrong :-t :-t ; and of course th8is move cost me the game :~(

We have a winner. That sucks, man. Start McNabb every week.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Kilroy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:29 pm

moochman wrote:Kitna earned my goof of the week. He turned into a Lions' QB right before my eyes. Threw three INTs, and fumbled once. The fumble was returned for a TD and his last INT was returned for a TD.

But it's the way he went about it that has me standing on the ledge. He turned into Jeff Garcia. Unblocked rush right up the middle on a screen and he fumbles the ball. Ah, Jeff..er..Jon. Can we talk for a moment? It's a screen, expect immediate pressure and value the ball. Oh, and did I mention that this was late in the 4th quarter when we were still leading? Yeah, value the ball, Jeff.

Very next series, 4th down and Jeffie is running around like..like..well, like a Lions' QB. Starts to get sacked and tosses the ball into the air. Pick 6. Visions of last year and Jeffie Garthia flooded my forebrain. Took more than a couple beers to blur that away.

Yeah, that was rough. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But hey, I'm a Browns fan, so I know ALL about that. ("The ******* Drive", "The ******* Fumble", "The ******* Fill-In-the-Blank".)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Chambers, Charlie Frye, Ronnie Brown, Bledsoe, Colston(was a disapointment)

has anyone noticed how weird this year has been for fantasy?

Like the top 10 RB's and top 10 WR's at the beginning of the year are all in general not living up to their draft position.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Kilroy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:12 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Chambers, Charlie Frye, Ronnie Brown, Bledsoe, Colston(was a disapointment)

has anyone noticed how weird this year has been for fantasy?

Like the top 10 RB's and top 10 WR's at the beginning of the year are all in general not living up to their draft position.

It has been a weird year. At this point I'm going to run with it instead of against it. For instance, I decided to bench Harrison until he found the end zone. What was once blasphemy worked out great, as Jennings and Berrian had big days alongside Holt's decent one. Had I started Marvin I'd be 1-4 in my $$ league. I know that's not going to work every week (or even most weeks), but it helped get me a win I needed. And now that Marvin FINALLY got a TD he's no longer "grounded". Bizarro World may call for a little Bizarro Thinking.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby spodog » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:47 pm

My goof of the week goes to . . .

KC Running Back Michael Bennett.

Bennett did not play a single play Sunday.

Why? Two weeks ago, he challenged OG Will Shields to a foot race after practice, just for fun. During the race, Bennett comes up lame with a hammy. He lost the race. He also went onto IR, and has now spent two weeks in street clothes.

In last week's game vs. SF, it didn't matter.

Yesterday, vs. AZ, LJ went down near the end of the game after a vicious face mask by S Rolle and was pulled from the game.

The Chiefs then lined up inside the 5 after a 15 yard face mask penatly, and desperately needed a back to pound it in and seal the victory. Where is Bennett?

Oh yeah. He can't play because he was jacking around 2 weeks ago.

In comes Dee Brown.

Hand the ball to Brown . . . result: fumble.

Brown manages to recover <<whew>>

Next play: hand the ball to Brown . . . result: fumble.

luckily, TE Jason Dunn manages to rip it away under the pile.

<<whew>>

Chiefs held on to the ball long enough to kick a FG.

Thanks, Bennett. Your screwing around almost cost a game yesterday.

GOOF. :-t

Brown should have never been in the game. It's questionable that he even belongs on an NFL roster. So he doesn't get the goof. Bennett does.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk