What to do with Antonio Gates?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to do with Antonio Gates??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kemper5 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Ovbiously Gates will have a horrible season with Philip Rivers being the QB in SD.. Since week 1 everybody has said just to be patient and Rivers and the Chargers will come around.. Well people it's week 5 and Antonio is amongst the worst Tight Ends in the league because he never gets many looks .. He may not even catch 1 pass tonight for gods sake.. I was so stupid to trade Santana Moss for him in week 1.. I see a very 300-400 yard, 2-4 TD season coming together.. I don't want to drop Antonio Gates, but may look at other options FA wise after this week because his stock is at an all time low and he is doing nothing at all. :-t..STOP THE PRESSES, While I typed this Gates was throw a football and caught it.. Oh my it's a miracle
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do with Antonio Gates??

Postby Moses » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:49 pm

kemper5 wrote:Ovbiously Gates will have a horrible season with Philip Rivers being the QB in SD.. Since week 1 everybody has said just to be patient and Rivers and the Chargers will come around.. Well people it's week 5 and Antonio is amongst the worst Tight Ends in the league because he never gets many looks .. He may not even catch 1 pass tonight for gods sake.. I was so stupid to trade Santana Moss for him in week 1.. I see a very 300-400 yard, 2-4 TD season coming together.. I don't want to drop Antonio Gates, but may look at other options FA wise after this week because his stock is at an all time low and he is doing nothing at all. :-t

It's SD's coach that's the real problem. If he ever loosens up the reigns on how he lets Rivers play, Gates should go back to his usual stud status. Just give it to time..Gates is the most talented TE in the league...hands down.
Moses
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby kemper5 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:54 pm

It's funny John Madden about 15 minutes ago commented on how he talked to the offensive coordinator for the Chargers and said how the coordinator told him he'd like to get Gates 10 balls tonight.. What a joke
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Purple Allegiance » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:31 pm

He did catch a pass down the middle, and was targeted in the end zone but was just missed. He has had tough matchups against Baltimore and Pittsburgh and has been involved in blowouts against Oakland and Tennessee. He is the best receiver on San Diego.
Purple Allegiance
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:39 pm

kemper5 wrote:It's funny John Madden about 15 minutes ago commented on how he talked to the offensive coordinator for the Chargers and said how the coordinator told him he'd like to get Gates 10 balls tonight.. What a joke

55 receiving yards and a TD is a joke? That's d**n good production from the TE spot.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:42 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
kemper5 wrote:It's funny John Madden about 15 minutes ago commented on how he talked to the offensive coordinator for the Chargers and said how the coordinator told him he'd like to get Gates 10 balls tonight.. What a joke

55 receiving yards and a TD is a joke? That's d**n good production from the TE spot.

True. But its still funny to read what people assume during the game, and that changes drammaticly by the end. :-b
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Dhark » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:41 am

I watched the game, and Rivers was given the green light. He just seldomly looked at Gates. They used him for blocking alot, and went to wide outs or LT. Gates got some #'s toward the end, but I don't think he had one reception in the first half. That scares me a little. Gates could be the most productive receiver on this team, and commonly young Qb's pass to the te on short dump passes. I hope Rivers finds him this year, because he is not getting near the receptions he should be and that is the bottom line.
Dhark
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:53 am

As confidence in Rivers increases, they'll release Gates more.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:57 am

For some reason this is hilarious to me. I can just see this guy furiously bashing away at his keyboard with intense hate for Antonio Gates in his eyes, possibly a few beads of sweat on his forehead.

Then Gates catches a pass and he thinks about re-evaluating his post and then decides, what the hell, and hits the submit button.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:58 am

He was pretty good yesterday. You won't get much for him in a trade, so hold onto him and enjoy above average but unspectacular TE production.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk