Veto'd trade makes no sense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Veto'd trade makes no sense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Veto'd trade makes no sense

Postby snwborder » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:30 am

I can'd believe this! I have peyton but am extremely weak at RB so I have been trying to trade him for a good one but couldn't get anyone to do it. Finally I get someone to except a trade: Peyton, Boldin, Dillon for Rudi, and Housh. Worked for me cause Dillon is splitting right now and Boldin had just lost Warner. But no in the first like 2 hours all these guys that have not been on to accept or reject my trade come out of no where to object it picks up 4 in that amount of time. So it goes to the commish and the dude rejects in like another hour. These ppl are never on and all of a sudden they ALL come on to reject me. just a few days earlier they had let this crazy trade with s. smith and all kinds of others go through but not my fair trade. WHAT THE HELL!!! I'm pissed! All i'm trying to do is pick up a RB why won't they let me. Is ther rest of my team to strong or something cause i'm only 1-4 so far so I can't be doing that great!
Quaterback: Peyton Manning, Kitna, Carr
Running Back: Corey Dillon, Droughns, Ron Dayne
Recievers: Boldin,Cotchery,Colsten, Jennings
TE: Witten
K:Elam, Kaeding
Defnse: Charger, pats
snwborder Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:22 am

Actually, I would have advised you not to make that trade, but anyways....

Your trade had no reason to have been vetoed. I'm sure many here would agree, but unless rules were broken such as collusion, trades shouldn't be vetoed. You should check to see if you can appeal somewhere...
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby snwborder » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:12 am

i don't think I can but i'll try thinks for the advice
Quaterback: Peyton Manning, Kitna, Carr
Running Back: Corey Dillon, Droughns, Ron Dayne
Recievers: Boldin,Cotchery,Colsten, Jennings
TE: Witten
K:Elam, Kaeding
Defnse: Charger, pats
snwborder Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:20 am

would that deal have made the other team really strong? did he have alot of depth at runningback? if so, I can see why people would veto it, because idiots do that all the time when they see a deal that makes one team really good. that is why you dont have league votes because most people can not think objectively.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slacker317 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:27 pm

The only reason to veto a trade is collusion. This is why league veto is a bad idea. It's hard enough to get trades to go through as it is, when you have to get other owners to approve trades, it makes it worse. Even worse that the commish vetoed. :-t
slacker317
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:46 pm

BigMusky wrote:would that deal have made the other team really strong? did he have alot of depth at runningback? if so, I can see why people would veto it, because idiots do that all the time when they see a deal that makes one team really good. that is why you dont have league votes because most people can not think objectively.

Bingo ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:40 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
BigMusky wrote:would that deal have made the other team really strong? did he have alot of depth at runningback? if so, I can see why people would veto it, because idiots do that all the time when they see a deal that makes one team really good. that is why you dont have league votes because most people can not think objectively.

Bingo ;-D

Yeah, that would be my guess too. The other owners were "afraid" that the trade made the other guy's team "too strong", which is a chickens**t reason to veto a trade.

Does the ultimate veto power in your league reside with the other owners or the commish? If it rests with the commish you need a new one, because yours isn't doing his/her job.

Funny thing? They may have done you a favor. You were on the short end of that stick.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Football Talk