The Bears and all-time best starts.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Bears and all-time best starts..

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Bears and all-time best starts..

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:33 am

The Bears total margin of victory through 5 games (120pts) is the 2nd highest all-time through 5 games, just 3 points behind the 1999 Rams who had a much easier schedule to open the season.

They've scored 156 points, and given up only 36. That makes the average score of the Bears games 31-7 this year.

Just some fun facts.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:19 am

I was watching Mike & Mike this morning and Greeny made the comment that if the NFL used BCS rankings, right now the Bears would be ranked first, second place would be vacant, and everyone else would be fighting for third....But you know what, they would probably deserve it.....The Bears have been in another stratosphere compared to the rest of the league...

Looking ahead on their schedule, they are gonna be favored for the rest of the season....There are only four games that remotely concern me left on their schedule (at Giants, at New England, Minnesota, and at St. Louis) The Vikings played them tough in Week 3, and I don't think Chicago likes playing indoors so that's why I included the Rams....The bad news is those four games come in a span of five weeks...

I know it's early, but up to this point I haven't seen a team that I think can stop Da Bears this season...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:38 am

Yes, it's a heady time to be a Bears fan. We've had our lean years in the 90s (and early 00s), but now we have an offense that can score to compliment our typically tough defense.

I'm still not sold on Grossman. I have lingering concerns that these five games are a mirage and he'll start to suck as the season wears on, but each game that he performs well does wonders for those fears.

I think 16-0 would be great, but I think swing through New England New York and Minny will be pretty tough. I'm not too concerned about St. Louis, indoor or not.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:31 am

As much as it grinds me, I have to give DaBears credit. This is one solid team, with an incredible D. Best is that if Injurella Grossman should get hurt they do have a capible back-up.

The Norris Division is already won, as their isn't one decent team in it other than Chicago. DaBears biggest concern should be trying to make up a reason to play each week. And finding a way to kick up the intensity before the playoffs begin.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:57 am

Bears look like Superbowl Champs at this point... I can't see any team beating them. I think they would DESTROY the Colts.

The only NFC team that looks solid enough to challenge them would the be Eagles (hate to say it as a Giants fan).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 am

Yeah these guys look scary legit....I am not sure there is a team out there that would be able to compete with them at this point. Let alone have a shot of actually winning.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:51 am

they are the highest scoring team in NFL O:-) and have allowed fewest points unless Baltimore blanks the Bronc's tonight.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:23 pm

BigMusky wrote:they are the highest scoring team in NFL O:-) and have allowed fewest points unless Baltimore blanks the Bronc's tonight.

Yup. The last team to do that was the 1964 Buffalo Bills. That team ended up 12-2 and beat the Chargers in the playoffs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:26 pm

this is the golden age of chicago sports(if youre also a white sox fan of course). after 20+ years of worshipping the 85 bears as gods we needed this in chicago. feels great, seems sureal, but great none the less.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:42 pm

moochman wrote:
BigMusky wrote:they are the highest scoring team in NFL O:-) and have allowed fewest points unless Baltimore blanks the Bronc's tonight.

Yup. The last team to do that was the 1964 Buffalo Bills. That team ended up 12-2 and beat the Chargers in the playoffs.

Heh, I saw that graphic on MNF. How fitting then, that to cement that status for week 5, the Bears crushed the Bills. Got a nice chuckle out of that.

Can't wait for next MNF......
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk