Commish Cheating, What to Do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commish Cheating, What to Do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ditka in '04 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:00 am

ScrappyDoo wrote:He just switched it back and posted on the league home page that he was just "f**king with you guys to get a rise out of you little bi*ches."

sounds a little fishy to me, what if we didnt notice the change. :-/

anyone got any suggestions as to what we should do. There are two commishs, the one who is listed as the commish on yahoo isnt the one who made the shady moves. He just knows his account info.

Yep, this guy got caugt and is trying to turn it around and claim he was just doing it for the fun of getting rises out of people. In a money league as big as yours there is no room for that. $1700 is alot of money to be trying "to get a rise" out of someone. I think he was trying to cheat, BUT if the guy is a goofball and does this alot and admits to it then I would take it as he said it.
Go Bears, Ditka, and Italian Sausage
Ditka in '04
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:00 am

yeah I don't know, we have had a great deal of issues with our commish this year. if there is one thing I have learned, its that we aren't going to go with anyone we don't 'know' again next year.

IN fact my buddy and I (who also split a buy in) are thinking about starting our own league, with a truly democratic model....we have talked about using polls here at teh cafe to settle league disputes. Trying to get unbiased feedback to a league decision.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:12 pm

one year i did something like that to get a rise.. I made the last place team champion for a day, but that is kind of obvious. Making a small change to your own roster during gameday is obvious attempt to cheat.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Thursday » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:28 pm

Why would the commish do this just to make a joke? That's exactly what happened, he got caught trying to cheat and is trying to turn it back around. Completly idiotic on his part, especially with so much cash at stake.

Here is why i don't play for money.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 pm

Sounds like a solid strategy to me.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:14 pm

ScrappyDoo wrote:Well this is a league with my friend and his older brothers friends. I know 80% of the people in the league and my good friend is one of the commishes.

I entered the league because I want to win some money. Ive been pretty successful in fantasy football and I thought it would be a good investment.

So far Im 4-1 and am in second by just a few points.

We are voting to have to other commish, the shady one, removed from the position and replaced with another manager.

he says its a joke and i dont believe him. The worst part is he has had 2 close wins this year by 5 and by 1.5 and there is no way to prove that he didnt tweak his roster on those dates too.

And in case your wondering, if a commish changes rosters it is not shown on the transactions log. Im pretty sure it used to a few years ago. It would say. Willie Parker - Bench changed to Willie Parker - RB. But maybe Im wrong.

He's just kidding? Yeah right, kick this dude out of the league. I would talk to as many owners as possible and convince them that it is in their best interest to keep the league honest if they want a league at all. Especially since this guy was/is in a position of power as commish. With a $200 buy-in, there is ZERO tolerance for any F-ing around IMO.

Get the previous results of his matchups made null and void and treat his future matchups as a bye or a week where you compete against the league average. 10 to 1 this guy has done this in the past, and the only question is how long it has been going on for and to what extent. If it was me, and it was a friend/friend of a friend type situation, I would want to meet with this guy in person and tell him what a piece of !@#!@ he was. Hopefully I could instigate a fight and get some revenge.

On a sidenote: Might wanna ask around and find out if this guy is having sex with your leaguemates' wifes and girlfriends. Sounds like the type of behavior he would engage in. "Hey man I was just joking, I tripped and in fell in!"
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk