Weekly Rankings: A Cafe Big Board? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Weekly Rankings: A Cafe Big Board?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby thatonepoorkid » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:59 am

Ok sounds good well if you need someone let me know ;-D
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:05 am

thatonepoorkid wrote:Ok sounds good well if you need someone let me know ;-D

I would actually recommend having a large pannel of Cafe members and going a little deeper into the rankings... but to avoid burnout, have them rotate what category they are ranking each week.

For Example... get say 50 cafe members (could be done with fewer):

10 Members Rank top 36 Qbs
10 Members Rank top 36 RBs
10 Members Rank Top 20 TEs
10 Members Rank Top 20 Def and Kickers
10 Members Rank top 60 WRs

Then the following week, rotate them. So one week I'd be ranking QBs... the next week I'd be ranking RBs.

Keeps people fresh and time commitment to a minium. A cafe icon could be a good incentive.
;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:22 am

Twisted Sister wrote:

I would actually recommend having a large pannel of Cafe members and going a little deeper into the rankings... but to avoid burnout, have them rotate what category they are ranking each week.

Then the following week, rotate them. So one week I'd be ranking QBs... the next week I'd be ranking RBs.

Keeps people fresh and time commitment to a minium. A cafe icon could be a good incentive.
;-D

That's a little bit ridiculous. There aren't even 36 QBs starting in the league. This is about ranking the top players. What I've been suggesting is something very similar to our preseason Player Ranking cheatsheet with a small board of 6-12 (closer to 6) rankers, with fewer players ranked for efficiency's sake.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thatonepoorkid » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:27 am

Well one of the uses of this would be a tradeing aid. Not every trade is a blockbuster one. There was a trade in my league baskett for wes welker.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 am

skinsfan wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:

;-D

That's a little bit ridiculous. There aren't even 36 QBs starting in the league. This is about ranking the top players. What I've been suggesting is something very similar to our preseason Player Ranking cheatsheet with a small board of 6-12 (closer to 6) rankers, with fewer players ranked for efficiency's sake.

Ranking the top 10 players by category really doesn't do much... the value of this would be ranking the deeper picks. Example, what is Jennings value? What is Thomas Jones value around leagues?

Critical information for making mutliplayer trades. Say I'm trading Jennings and Jones for Holt... am I paying to much, too little, or just right??? This would help.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:38 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
Ranking the top 10 players by category really doesn't do much... the value of this would be ranking the deeper picks. Example, what is Jennings value? What is Thomas Jones value around leagues?

Critical information for making mutliplayer trades. Say I'm trading Jennings and Jones for Holt... am I paying to much, too little, or just right??? This would help.

Jennings and Jones should fall in the top-36 and top-24 at their positions, respectively. But I think ranking all the players side-by-side irrespective of position is a very tall order, that's better when reserved for comaprisons in the Trades forum...Unless some of us are willing to go in and make a top-150 cheat sheet of all players. Maybe we should save this sort of ranking for midseason.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:50 pm

I defintly think if this is going to work, you need to do much deeper rankings tha say top 12, or else this tool is really of no use unless your trading stricktly within what ever players are ranked, and that can really limit your options. I would be willing to help out (do rankings) If depth is added to each position, I'm thinking at least 32 for QB's because if were ranking value than we need to concern out selves with the current starters, projected starters, injuried starters, ect which makes out for far more than 32, but 32 is a minimum i would say.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby spodog » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:17 pm

skinsfan wrote:I think this should be comprised of the composite ranking of 6-10 owners, all should be on the "Head Coach" level to give the rankings some level of legitimacy.

Why would making everyone be on a "head coach" level add any kind of legitimacy?

All that means is that you've hung out in the cafe long enough to get blisters on your fingers posting. It says nothing about whether your qualified to participate in a weekly ranking.

I've seen some folks in here who have 4000+ posts, but I wouldn't want their weekly rankings.

There are other guys who have been doing FF for years and have a good handle on whats going on, but will never sit foot in the cafe to start accumulating posts.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:

;-D

I like this idea, and I think we could specifically gear it towards trading, and therefore throw out the K and DST rankings (who trades for Ks and DSTs?). That way we don't need so many people doing the rankings.

Also, I think it should be:
24 QBs (starters and backups for 12-team leagues)
40 RBs (starters and top backups for 12 teams)
40 WRs (starters and top backups for 12 teams)
20 TEs (starters, backups, and some of the free agent pool for 12 teams)

Also, I think a tiered ranking would be very helpful, so you would have some comparability between positions.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:31 pm

This seems to be just a deeper start/sit ranking. Would this replace the start/sit column altogether?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk