Question about adding/dropping players on game day - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Question about adding/dropping players on game day

Moderator: Football Moderators

Question about adding/dropping players on game day

Postby philthy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:21 pm

Hello all. I'm the commish in a 10 team, H2H Y! league. I've been noticing a trend with a few teams as the season has been progressing. People have been adding and dropping players during games. For example, an owner added Cedric Benson to his squad immediately, after Benson scored his 2nd TD

This doesn't really bother me b/c my team is somewhat solid, but is there an unwritten rule where players can only be added after the week is over (say Tuesday @ 12am). This gives teams an equal chance to pick players up if they weren't watching the game, but found out the results later in the day. Or do you see this as a "you snooze, you lose" type deal.
Last edited by philthy on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QB: Kurt Warner
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Johnathan Stewart, Leon Washington, James Davis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Chris Henry
TE: John Carlson
K: Mason Crosby
Def: Open
philthy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:25 pm

if you do not have a waiver wire implemented then it is a snooze and loose situation. Both have there advantages. I prefer the no waiver wire leagues because I find it easy to identify game breakers early in year and pick them up, and I dont want to have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for them to clear waivers because by then every online article has already told the idiots who to pick up.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby philthy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:41 pm

You got a good point. Would it be better to implement a system where players can be picked up after ALL games are done for the day.
QB: Kurt Warner
RB: LaDainian Tomlinson, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Johnathan Stewart, Leon Washington, James Davis
WR: Calvin Johnson, Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Braylon Edwards, Chris Henry
TE: John Carlson
K: Mason Crosby
Def: Open
philthy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:04 pm

I don't see a problem with this as long as those players picked up aren't being moved into the starting lineup during a game.

I've done it myself a few times last year and no one had any major complaints except for the occassional gripe about being too slow. I actually think I picked up LJ in this fashion last year.

But if you think this could be a problem, you should talk to the other members of your league and come to a consensus. If no one else has a problem with it, then you don't have to worry.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jbones733 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:12 pm

my Sporstline leauge, locks everything til tues mornin then goes thru waivers

my other league your allowed to get guys during games but cant drop anyone in your starting lineup.

it depends what ya like, if your a freak & have the time to stay on the computer all day & scoop up guys its fun

the fairest is to use a waiver system tho
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk