WW guys you want... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

WW guys you want...

Moderator: Football Moderators

WW guys you want...

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:26 pm

RB

Leon Washington: Could he take over the starting job and be a featured back? It's possible, ain't it? That's a pretty big deal for a WW player.

Maurice Jones-Drew: By now he's probably gone from your wire. 1 Fragile Freddy injury away from being the starter... he could end up with it by virtue of his performance alone. This guy looks like the real deal, and could be an LJ type.

LenDale White: Talk of him being the starter soon may have been slowed by Henry's performance, but Henry is injury prone, and White's looked pretty good in the last couple games.

Michael Bennett: IF and only IF LJ is going to miss time, OR you're an LJ owner, this is a no brainer. No guarantee of performance, but the KC starting job = lots of touches.

QB

Gradkowski: Tampa has the weapons at WR and decent TEs. If this guy is allowed to throw, and considering Caddy's performance, this could turn out to be rather interesting.

WR

Bryant Johnson: Fitz is probably out for several weeks, by the sound of things. Fitz said he felt a "pop" which is not a good sign. If it turns out to be ligament damage, his season is over. Bryant could be money.

Any others that you guys have been considering?

With the way my team has been playing (guys that we'd all have expected to do well) I spend a lot of time thinking about what to do with waiver priority 1.

:)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3259
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the Belly of the Beast

Re: WW guys you want...

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 pm

FatFoot wrote:Any others that you guys have been considering?


Noah Herron
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby gablefan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:45 pm

All of the guys you mentioned are taken in my league other than Herron and Gradkowski! 8-o
Image
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1560
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: TN

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Picked up C-Mart and Leon today.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2228
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: DC

Re: WW guys you want...

Postby CeeLoGreen » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:11 pm

FatFoot wrote:RB

Leon Washington: Could he take over the starting job and be a featured back? It's possible, ain't it? That's a pretty big deal for a WW player.

Maurice Jones-Drew: By now he's probably gone from your wire. 1 Fragile Freddy injury away from being the starter... he could end up with it by virtue of his performance alone. This guy looks like the real deal, and could be an LJ type.

LenDale White: Talk of him being the starter soon may have been slowed by Henry's performance, but Henry is injury prone, and White's looked pretty good in the last couple games.

Michael Bennett: IF and only IF LJ is going to miss time, OR you're an LJ owner, this is a no brainer. No guarantee of performance, but the KC starting job = lots of touches.

QB

Gradkowski: Tampa has the weapons at WR and decent TEs. If this guy is allowed to throw, and considering Caddy's performance, this could turn out to be rather interesting.

WR

Bryant Johnson: Fitz is probably out for several weeks, by the sound of things. Fitz said he felt a "pop" which is not a good sign. If it turns out to be ligament damage, his season is over. Bryant could be money.

Any others that you guys have been considering?

With the way my team has been playing (guys that we'd all have expected to do well) I spend a lot of time thinking about what to do with waiver priority 1.

:)


Bennet was not active for the game yesterday. Dee Brown came in for one play when LJ got taken down by the facemask. If Bennet cannot go, keep an eye on Brown.
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 832
Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kellys Heroes » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:12 pm

J Stevens.. should be back this week
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator


Posts: 943
Joined: 2 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WW guys you want...

Postby spodog » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:28 pm

CeeLoGreen wrote:
FatFoot wrote:RB

Leon Washington: Could he take over the starting job and be a featured back? It's possible, ain't it? That's a pretty big deal for a WW player.

Maurice Jones-Drew: By now he's probably gone from your wire. 1 Fragile Freddy injury away from being the starter... he could end up with it by virtue of his performance alone. This guy looks like the real deal, and could be an LJ type.

LenDale White: Talk of him being the starter soon may have been slowed by Henry's performance, but Henry is injury prone, and White's looked pretty good in the last couple games.

Michael Bennett: IF and only IF LJ is going to miss time, OR you're an LJ owner, this is a no brainer. No guarantee of performance, but the KC starting job = lots of touches.

QB

Gradkowski: Tampa has the weapons at WR and decent TEs. If this guy is allowed to throw, and considering Caddy's performance, this could turn out to be rather interesting.

WR

Bryant Johnson: Fitz is probably out for several weeks, by the sound of things. Fitz said he felt a "pop" which is not a good sign. If it turns out to be ligament damage, his season is over. Bryant could be money.

Any others that you guys have been considering?

With the way my team has been playing (guys that we'd all have expected to do well) I spend a lot of time thinking about what to do with waiver priority 1.

:)


Bennet was not active for the game yesterday. Dee Brown came in for one play when LJ got taken down by the facemask. If Bennet cannot go, keep an eye on Brown.


Bennet should be able to go. The reason you didn't see him is because he pulled a hammy in a foot race with an offensive guard after practice two weeks ago and has been inactive the last two weeks. He is not hurt seriously, simply healing.

If LJ can't go, MB would be the guy.

If LJ can't go and Bennett is still hurt, I'd advise you leave the KC backfield alone. Dee Brown will not be a productive member of anyone's fantasy team.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4058
Joined: 21 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At my trailer on the beach in Malibu

Re: WW guys you want...

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:23 pm

spodog wrote:
CeeLoGreen wrote:
FatFoot wrote:RB

Leon Washington: Could he take over the starting job and be a featured back? It's possible, ain't it? That's a pretty big deal for a WW player.

Maurice Jones-Drew: By now he's probably gone from your wire. 1 Fragile Freddy injury away from being the starter... he could end up with it by virtue of his performance alone. This guy looks like the real deal, and could be an LJ type.

LenDale White: Talk of him being the starter soon may have been slowed by Henry's performance, but Henry is injury prone, and White's looked pretty good in the last couple games.

Michael Bennett: IF and only IF LJ is going to miss time, OR you're an LJ owner, this is a no brainer. No guarantee of performance, but the KC starting job = lots of touches.

QB

Gradkowski: Tampa has the weapons at WR and decent TEs. If this guy is allowed to throw, and considering Caddy's performance, this could turn out to be rather interesting.

WR

Bryant Johnson: Fitz is probably out for several weeks, by the sound of things. Fitz said he felt a "pop" which is not a good sign. If it turns out to be ligament damage, his season is over. Bryant could be money.

Any others that you guys have been considering?

With the way my team has been playing (guys that we'd all have expected to do well) I spend a lot of time thinking about what to do with waiver priority 1.

:)


Bennet was not active for the game yesterday. Dee Brown came in for one play when LJ got taken down by the facemask. If Bennet cannot go, keep an eye on Brown.


Bennet should be able to go. The reason you didn't see him is because he pulled a hammy in a foot race with an offensive guard after practice two weeks ago and has been inactive the last two weeks. He is not hurt seriously, simply healing.

If LJ can't go, MB would be the guy.

If LJ can't go and Bennett is still hurt, I'd advise you leave the KC backfield alone. Dee Brown will not be a productive member of anyone's fantasy team.



Does anyone else find it amazingly screwy that the man once considered the fastest back (if not the fastest man) in the NFL hurt himself in a foot race with an OFFENSIVE GUARD?

If that isn't a testament to exactly how fragile Michael Bennett is, I don't know what is...
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:13 pm

skinsfan wrote:Picked up C-Mart and Leon today.


People are actually picking up Curtis Martin, eh? I realize he's eligible to come off of the PUP list, but has anything been said about him that suggests he'll actually see the field anytime soon?
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:56 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact