Colston vs Berrian? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Colston vs Berrian?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Colston vs Berrian?

Postby Shockers » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:21 pm

Who will be the better WR for the remainder of the season and why? Here are the numbers:

Colston 6'4 223 lbs. Rookie - 23 rec's, 374 yds, 3 TD's

Berrian 6'1 183 lbs. 3rd year - 19 rec's, 413 yds, 4 TD's
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcstl25 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:36 pm

Even though I'm a Berrian owner, I like Colston for one reason... the weather in Chicago. It's going to get cold and windy up there in chi-town in those late months.
mcstl25
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:49 pm

mcstl25 wrote:Even though I'm a Berrian owner, I like Colston for one reason... the weather in Chicago. It's going to get cold and windy up there in chi-town in those late months.

True about the weather, but not all the games Chicago will play late in the season will be played in Soldier Field. Although they've got the road stretch up in NY and NE, so maybe your point is still relevant.

But I do agree that Colson will have a better season mostly because he gets more receptions than Berrian. Brees seems to look to Colston a lot for the short underneath stuff while Grossman looks to Berrian mostly for the long passes.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MEK4178 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:05 pm

I just have a strong feeling that the Bears offense will not continue to play this well, as it seems they've played a good deal of mediocre teams. Add that with the freezing weather and it just seems like they will be more of the 'run the ball, play good defense' type of team.

All in all, i like Colston more because of the offensive talent around him, and Brees' liking of one, big receiver.
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:29 am

Seattle is not mediocre. The Bears destroyed them.
Also, if you look at the schedule, the Bears do play a lot of mediocre teams in the future.
The cold weather thing is kind of a myth. Did it slow down Javon Walker & Donald Driver a couple years ago, or Eric Moulds when he was in his prime?
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skinsfan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 am

Colston would kick Berrian's ass in a fight. He's got the height, reach, and size. No contest.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:40 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:Seattle is not mediocre. The Bears destroyed them.
Also, if you look at the schedule, the Bears do play a lot of mediocre teams in the future.
The cold weather thing is kind of a myth. Did it slow down Javon Walker & Donald Driver a couple years ago, or Eric Moulds when he was in his prime?

Not just the temp and precipitation, but the famous wind. Not quite the same in GB, BUF, or other winter cities.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:11 pm

ok you're right (I did a little google-guided research on it), although it's not unprecedented:

In 1995, with Erik Kramer at QB, the Bears set a team record for passing yards per game with 233.9 while compiling the fourth-most points in team history with 392. Kramer set club records with 29 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions (least among 16-game starters) while standing as the last Chicago passer to start all 16 games. The 1995 squad produced the third-most total net yards (5,673) and the second-most first downs (340) in team history. The offense also featured a 1,000-yard rusher and two 1,000-yard receivers in 1995, the only such season in team history.

Also, this was the Bears' first time having a single 1000-yard receiver since 1970.

Still, I like the fact that they play 3 road games in Nov. in the somewhat less chilly/swirly east (NYG, NYJ, NE) and 2 of their 3 games during the fantasy playoffs are in domes.

I guess I see your point, but trying to predict the weather can be kind of useless sometimes. I live in Minnesota, and we have Nov/Dec days where it's cold as hell but there's still no wind.

I would like to see some more research on offensive numbers in cold-weather climates. Maybe I'll do some more of it...

[/i]
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk