LJ is a very lucky man.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LJ is a very lucky man....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:33 pm

SniperShot wrote:LJ is extremely flexible and probably bended with it. Try moving your neck, it's possible to get your chin past your shoulder depending on how flexible you are, any further is a no-no. This is definitely not further. But yeah I do think LJ made out big time lucky from this.

I agree with you, but there's a big difference between moving your chin to your shoulder yourself and having someone doing it for you when you're not expecting it. Not to mention having it jerked backwards while you're running forwards.

I'd expect a pretty sore neck at least and maybe some kind of muscle strain. Hopefully, LJ's MRI won't show anything more severe.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:50 pm

dilydaly wrote:also anyone that plays football knows we dont wear out helmet so tight. there always some room in it.thats why you see helmets all over the field its not buckled on tight enough

im sure his head didnt go as far as his helmet if that makes any sense to you....

Yeah, I watched it happen and it sure looked as if the helmet twisted. Still hurts, had it happen to me once, not at nearly the speed or impact as that, but getting your lid spun is not a party.

As for Rolle, he was trying to stop a winning TD but it was dirty. He could've acciedently grabbed the face mask, but he could have let it go too. He didn't, and he is very lucky that LJ wasn't severely injured.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 am

moochman wrote:As for Rolle, he was trying to stop a winning TD but it was dirty. He could've acciedently grabbed the face mask, but he could have let it go too. He didn't, and he is very lucky that LJ wasn't severely injured.

Sorry mooch, gotta call BS on this. Not a single defensive player in the league would let go of his man voluntarily in that situation until he was down - you're already getting the penalty most likely so you better be stopping the TD. Beside it happened so quickly (again, watch it in real-time, not in the slow-mo replay) there is no way to say that Rolle knew just how badly he was twisting LJ's head - au contraire, I doubt he even realized it.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:57 am

This kind of reminds me of the horsecollar discussions when that rule came into place. Roy Williams injured TO and thus the rule was put into place. After the rule was put into place I remember someone saying that if there is someone running for a TD, the defensive player is going to do whatever he can to take that player down, whether that means facemask, horsecollar, whatever. Did Rolle mean to hurt him? No. But did he mean to take LJ down by any means possible? Yes. Rolle may have not thought about it at the time, but in reality this is football and his tackle saved 6 points from being on the scoreboard in return for only a 4 yard penalty. I know it's a tough reality but that's how it is, football is a brutal sport.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:58 am

Antrel Rolle should be thrown in jail.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:44 am

lmcjaho wrote:
moochman wrote:As for Rolle, he was trying to stop a winning TD but it was dirty. He could've acciedently grabbed the face mask, but he could have let it go too. He didn't, and he is very lucky that LJ wasn't severely injured.

Sorry mooch, gotta call BS on this. Not a single defensive player in the league would let go of his man voluntarily in that situation until he was down - you're already getting the penalty most likely so you better be stopping the TD. Beside it happened so quickly (again, watch it in real-time, not in the slow-mo replay) there is no way to say that Rolle knew just how badly he was twisting LJ's head - au contraire, I doubt he even realized it.

Read a little dude,
I watched it happen
That would indicate watching it live. Okay? Rolle most certainly could've have let go before he did. He wanted to stop LJ more than he cared about wether he would hurt him.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby gablefan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:21 am

I really don't think at that speed he knew what he was doing, I think he was just grasping to try to stop the TD. I have not seen Rolle play a ton, but I have never seen or heard of him doing anything dirty. I will give him a pass on this one, but if I see anything else like that out of him I know I will be on the Anti-Antrelle bandwagon. Thats just my opinion.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Moses » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:51 am

He gave LJ a facemask and got penalized for it. What more do you guys want? It wasn't intentional.
Moses
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:01 pm

Moses wrote:He gave LJ a facemask and got penalized for it. What more do you guys want? It wasn't intentional.

I want him to serve hard time...in jail.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:17 pm

BH as always is the calming voice of reason......
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk