LJ is a very lucky man.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LJ is a very lucky man....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LoPan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:24 pm

I don't know what they showed on the television, but I was at that game and it was not pretty. LJ lay there without moving for what seemed like 10 minutes (probably only half that). I was pretty sure we had just seen the end of his career.

As to Edwards, I have to feel like his play calling got the job done, but he did not win that game with it. He just kept from losing. I think that two missed tackles and a missed field goal for the Cardinals were the difference in that game. That 80 yard screen pass was the only think KC had going in the fourth.
LoPan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:33 pm

lmcjaho wrote:To those of you calling for a suspension and/or fine for Rolle - were you even watching this game or is this all from this pic and/or instant replays?

I watched the play unfold in real-time and there is no way that Rolle did this on purpose with intent-to-injure or anything like that. He just ran down a pretty fast back on a 78 yard sprint and fought through a block - all he did was reach out and make a desperation grab for the first thing he could reach - unfortunately that ended up being the face mask. If you watch it in full-speed real-time you will see that even as he is grabbing LJ he is still off-balance and falling out of bounds himself - it was a fluke that he got a hand on him at all...

wrong...

i saw the play a thousand times, i have a link as well....rolle caught up to him, he could of tackled him plenty of different ways then how he did, and if youve played football and tackled someone you knwo that you can feel if you have their facemask or not, no way he would need to hold on and drag him to the ground like that without realizing he was twisting his facemask

he was frustrated with LJ getting burnt and the play being blown and took it out on LJ....you do know thats the quickest way to get paralyzed dont you? you saw how he was laying on the ground after and teh players knew something was wrong....I can see if Rolle came from behind and jus caught something to stop him, but he had a better angle, and could of went for his body or just pushed him out of bounds, he wanted to tackle his as hard as he could so he held on purposely
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Al and Almas » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Sentence: Death by firing squad
Al and Almas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Moses » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:15 pm

This thread is pretty funny. If this had happened to some random RB..like Kevan Barlow or something, it wouldn't even have close to the same ammount of responses. It was un-intentional..football is a tough sport. Worse things could have happened.
Moses
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Al and Almas » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:22 pm

Yeah LJ coulda got up and shoved his foot up Rolle @ss
Al and Almas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:26 am

Moses wrote:This thread is pretty funny. If this had happened to some random RB..like Kevan Barlow or something, it wouldn't even have close to the same ammount of responses. It was un-intentional..football is a tough sport. Worse things could have happened.

that was stupid....someone almost get paralyzed, and its only important because its LJ? that doesnt even make sense....did you see how long he layed on the ground and couldnt move? highly doubt that has anything to do with who he is
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:27 am

LS2throwed wrote:
Moses wrote:This thread is pretty funny. If this had happened to some random RB..like Kevan Barlow or something, it wouldn't even have close to the same ammount of responses. It was un-intentional..football is a tough sport. Worse things could have happened.

that was stupid....someone almost get paralyzed, and its only important because its LJ? that doesnt even make sense....did you see how long he layed on the ground and couldnt move? highly doubt that has anything to do with who he is

Actually, I wouldn't care if it was Kevan Barlow.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:59 pm

Al and Almas wrote:Sentence: Death by firing squad

Technically that's not a sentence...theres no ending punctuation .
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Al and Almas » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:02 pm

aaawall91 wrote:
Al and Almas wrote:Sentence: Death by firing squad

Technically that's not a sentence...theres no ending punctuation .

Nice pun
Al and Almas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:26 am

moochman wrote:Read a little dude,
I watched it happen

That would indicate watching it live. Okay? Rolle most certainly could've have let go before he did. He wanted to stop LJ more than he cared about wether he would hurt him.

Sorry mooch, I guess I was just giving you more credit than you were due - figured your ridiculous statement was made out of ignorance rather than willful disbelief of the facts... Yes, he cared about stopping a TD - and as I said there is not a defensive player in the league that wouldn't - and NO, there is no way he was intentionally trying to hurt him.

LS2throwed wrote:wrong...

i saw the play a thousand times, i have a link as well....rolle caught up to him, he could of tackled him plenty of different ways then how he did, and if youve played football and tackled someone you knwo that you can feel if you have their facemask or not, no way he would need to hold on and drag him to the ground like that without realizing he was twisting his facemask

he was frustrated with LJ getting burnt and the play being blown and took it out on LJ....you do know thats the quickest way to get paralyzed dont you? you saw how he was laying on the ground after and teh players knew something was wrong....I can see if Rolle came from behind and jus caught something to stop him, but he had a better angle, and could of went for his body or just pushed him out of bounds, he wanted to tackle his as hard as he could so he held on purposely

I say you are probably the one who has never played football if you think he had a good enough angle to be able to pick and choose how he tackled him. If you supposedly watched the play a thousand times you would see that Rolle DID come from behind, and that he barely managed to get a hand on LJ. Your contention that he grabbed the helmet and tried to break a guy's neck out of frustration is ridiculous...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk