LJ is a very lucky man.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LJ is a very lucky man....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:20 am

lmcjaho wrote:
moochman wrote:Read a little dude,
I watched it happen

That would indicate watching it live. Okay? Rolle most certainly could've have let go before he did. He wanted to stop LJ more than he cared about wether he would hurt him.

Sorry mooch, I guess I was just giving you more credit than you were due - figured your ridiculous statement was made out of ignorance rather than willful disbelief of the facts... Yes, he cared about stopping a TD - and as I said there is not a defensive player in the league that wouldn't - and NO, there is no way he was intentionally trying to hurt him.

If you want to act a tool, that's fine. I've read enough of your posts to expect that. But at least read, try to comprehend, before you make an insulting reply. I never said he wanted to hurt LJ. I don't think there is a player in the league that would ever think of giving someone a neck injury. That's a fear they all live with. He simply could have let go sooner. I won't give you more credit than you deserve, your replied from ignorance.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:09 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Antrel Rolle should be thrown in jail.
:-t
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:13 pm

lmcjaho wrote:I say you are probably the one who has never played football if you think he had a good enough angle to be able to pick and choose how he tackled him. If you supposedly watched the play a thousand times you would see that Rolle DID come from behind, and that he barely managed to get a hand on LJ. Your contention that he grabbed the helmet and tried to break a guy's neck out of frustration is ridiculous...

to hard to have a conversation without being an edited out i guess, since you jumped to conclusions about me i played college football at University of Houston from 2002-2005, and the rest of my life before it, but i guess that added some spice to your conversation to say i never played....

from what i got from the video, he had an angle to where if he dove he could of grabbed a body part of LJ, or better yet pushed him out of bounds, i never said rolle tried to break his neck, but ALOT of players purposely facemask a player, now THAT is what makes me think you never played football, its not the hardest thing in the world to realize you attached your hands to a facemask, instincts almost tell you to let go because you know your hands shouldnt be clenched around anything to that measure, no Rolle isnt a dirty player and didnt try to break his neck, but he did purposely try to facemask him and the result ended up being alot worse then he expected...

Rolle had a pursuit angle on LJ, and didnt have to grab his facemask is all im saying, but out of frustration of breaking a long play or being tired he wasnt thinking properly, AS I SAW IT...

its just my opinion from what i watched, no one knew what was going through his head so i guess we agree to disagree, but you can relax with the lil slick comments in there, i didnt know the post would upset you so much
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Blame it on Eric Parker. Seriously, have you ever seen a worse downfield block in your life? That tackle that LJ Smith attempted on the Ware interception had a little more effort behind it than Parker's blocking.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Blame it on Eric Parker. Seriously, have you ever seen a worse downfield block in your life? That tackle that LJ Smith attempted on the Ware interception had a little more effort behind it than Parker's blocking.
Samie Parker you mean. Eric Parker plays for the Chargers and is much better than Samie in more ways than one. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby PurpleHaze » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:01 pm

It looked bad, but this is the NFL...

I've seen MUCH worse in the past...

Sucks that is happened, but in noway did Rolle INTEND to harm LJ...
He simply knew he had to stop a TD, and did it the only way he thought possible,
but had NO intention of hurting the guy!

If you were watching the game, you would have seen how concerned A.Rolle was...
I can guarantee Rolle was just as upset, and worried as anyone for LJ and his health...

Bottom line...

This is the NFL, and things happen...
Noway was A.Rolles action intended to hurt LJ...

This is nothing compared to Haynesworth, and his disgusting act of stomping another players unprotected face/head :-P

Last...Thank Goodness LJ is going to be just fine! ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PurpleHaze » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:04 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Blame it on Eric Parker. Seriously, have you ever seen a worse downfield block in your life? That tackle that LJ Smith attempted on the Ware interception had a little more effort behind it than Parker's blocking.
Samie Parker you mean. Eric Parker plays for the Chargers and is much better than Samie in more ways than one. :-b

Indeed ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk