Mason anyone? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mason anyone?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Richie Rich » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:52 am

ravens O has problemOs...but mason got 2 pts. for my opponent last night and tied me...im so pissed...that last 7 yard catch like 2 plays before mcnair's INT sealed the game ugggh...that's what put him from having 1pt. to having 2pts. :~( :~(
QB: Sanchez
RB: CJ, LT
WR: White, Jennings,
TE: Shockey
W/R:
K: Rackers
Defense: NO
BN: Marshall, Ward, Bess, VJax, Lynch, Favre

12 Team H2H Yahoo! PPR League
Richie Rich
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m1stakr0nL » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:05 pm

i also have mason, but i think they will pick up their Offense since mcnair is a bit old and it takes time for him to get acclimated with the playbook, i think he'll have a couple good games but besides that...maybe look thru ur WW for someone like reggie brown, bryant johnson (larry's out) or even wes welker (whos averaging solid numbers....wit TDs here and there)...goodluck!
D LEE My Team
QB-Mcnabb, Leftwich
RB-Portis, Jordan, Barber III, Dayne
WR-Chambers, Mason, Evans, Williamson
TE-R. Mcmichael, V. Davis
K-Graham
D-Jags
Bench-Eric Parker, Leon Washington
m1stakr0nL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:38 pm

i was very very high on mason at seasons beginning, thought him and mcnair would be on fire...

but since he's buy low right now im in talks to get him, i think they pick it up at some point, and he would sit on my bench behind glenn, bryant, and reggie williams and matt jones, so i have time to wait it out, i think he still will have a strong run of 5 games or so and mcnair will get back into a groove

but if you owned him since season start i can see how your impatient, cause i was the same with chambers, but if your a new owner and buy low candidate you cant help but think your getting a steal for what their worth now and hope for the best
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Humpback » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:36 pm

Yeah, it hasn't looked good so far. I can't phathom why they keep running the ball with Jamal, the guy's done. McNair hasn't impressed me either. I think the main problem is that their defense is back to being dominant again, so they prefer to play low scoring, grind it out games. I actually hope they fall behind in games so they have to pass, but they've been winning up until last night, so there's no reason for them to change.

I wouldn't put too much stock into last night- Denver has an excellent defense, and it was 30 degrees and raining. Hopefully they'll get into a little higher scoring games.
Last edited by Humpback on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:59 pm

Humpback wrote:I wouldn't put too much stock into last night- Denver has an excellent defense, and it was 30 degrees and raining. Hopefully they'll get into a little higher scoring games.

exactly, and derrick mason has 300 yds receiving this year, thats 80ypg, ill take 8 points any day, thats alot more then chambers was giving me...

besides mason is very explosive, and i just have a better feeling about mason and mcnair getting better as the season goes along then i would most other big wideouts who are down...the only thing thats missing is the td's when wideouts are around 3-4 by now, but the production with him is there, the td's will come soon enough when heap starts getting double covered in teh redzone
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk