Lawrence Phillips going the Maurice Clarett route - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Lawrence Phillips going the Maurice Clarett route

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lawrence Phillips going the Maurice Clarett route

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 pm

He lost a game of pickup football, so he drove onto the field with his car and hit some people. I know the guy has had legal issues dating back to his days at Nebraska but honestly, it's just a game of pickup football. He actually hit a few kids, 14 and 15 year olds as well as a 19 year old. He barely missed a few other people and faces up to twenty years with his good buddy Maurice up state. Sounds just like the old Lawrence we all knew from his playing days.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2620745
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:49 pm

That guy needs to be locked up for a long time. He has had so many problems with the law and has been given many chances to change, but ust keeps showing what a thug he is.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Lawrence Phillips going the Maurice Clarett route

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:50 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:He lost a game of pickup football, so he drove onto the field with his car and hit some people. I know the guy has had legal issues dating back to his days at Nebraska but honestly, it's just a game of pickup football. He actually hit a few kids, 14 and 15 year olds as well as a 19 year old. He barely missed a few other people and faces up to twenty years with his good buddy Maurice up state. Sounds just like the old Lawrence we all knew from his playing days.

A wasted talent and a wasted life - he blew 3 chances in the NFL and 2 or 3 in the CFL.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:54 pm

stomperrob wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:He lost a game of pickup football, so he drove onto the field with his car and hit some people. I know the guy has had legal issues dating back to his days at Nebraska but honestly, it's just a game of pickup football. He actually hit a few kids, 14 and 15 year olds as well as a 19 year old. He barely missed a few other people and faces up to twenty years with his good buddy Maurice up state. Sounds just like the old Lawrence we all knew from his playing days.

A wasted talent and a wasted life - he blew 3 chances in the NFL and 2 or 3 in the CFL.

It was also Phillips who intentionally missed a block which officially ended Steve Youngs career. After the game Phillips said he missed it on purpose b/c he felt no one blocked for him on the previous kick off return. What a classy team guy. :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:23 pm

That's funny. I was working on an article when you posted this too.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

It was also Phillips who intentionally missed a block which officially ended Steve Youngs career. After the game Phillips said he missed it on purpose b/c he felt no one blocked for him on the previous kick off return. What a classy team guy. :-t

OK, this is where I have to step in. The guy was never a member of the 49ers. He was with the Rams, Dolphins, CFL. Are you just makin stuff up now?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:07 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

OK, this is where I have to step in. The guy was never a member of the 49ers. He was with the Rams, Dolphins, CFL. Are you just makin stuff up now?

He was a member of the 49ers in 1999. He did miss the block that got Steve Young pasted. I think he scored on a long run later in that game, too.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:46 am

knapplc wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

He was a member of the 49ers in 1999. He did miss the block that got Steve Young pasted. I think he scored on a long run later in that game, too.

Shit I'm gettin old, then. Rare that I forget something like this when it comes to football. I still dont remember it. My apologies to deerayfan072.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Return to College Football