How Long Should a School Suffer for Recruiting a Bad Person? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

How Long Should a School Suffer for Recruiting a Bad Person?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:36 pm

a 2 page thread arguing about symantics? must be a slow news day....

Does it really matter guys? :-?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:03 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:a 2 page thread arguing about symantics? must be a slow news day....

Does it really matter guys? :-?

Apparently. :-/
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 pm

knapplc wrote:
CC wrote:
knapplc wrote:
CC wrote:
knapplc wrote:
jayday wrote:Knapp, your article came from the college football section of CNN (Actually Sports Illustrated)...It didn't come from the US News & World Report front page :-b The link to the same article from the NFL page of SI.com is titled "Former NFLer LP..."

So what's your point about that? How does that make my gripe any less valid? :-?

It's in the college football section, so it references where Phillips played college football. It's not like this news is all over the media and Nebraska is being slammed.

I never said that it was "all over the news," and quite frankly, it wouldn't make it any worse if it was the lead story on the front page or buried two pages back in the Local Sports section.

The only thing I'm getting at is that the guy is not a NEBRASKA player, and hasn't been for over a decade, so I wish the media would stop identifying him with Nebraska. I couldn't care less WHERE they do it, I don't want it done at all.

He played for Nebraska did he not? Then he is a Nebraska football player.

8-o

Dude, you just went back to square one on me. We've moved past that in the conversation.

He played for the Rams. Why is he not described as a Rams player?

He played for the 49ers. Why is he not described as a 49ers player?

He played for the Barcelona Dragons. Why is he not described as a Dragons player?

He played for the Dolphins. Why is he not described as a Dolphins player?

He played for the Montreal Alouettes. Why is he not described as a Alouettes player?

He played for the Calgary Stampeders. Why is he not described as a Stampeders player?

Got me?

Let's keep up, eh? :-?

He spent the most time with the Huskers, had his best days as a husker, and was far and away his most famous with the Huskers. All those other places were just quick stops, when anyone thinks of Phillips they think of him in a Husker uniform and that's just the way it is. You're being a bit irrational with this.

Unless you're also arguing that the next time ESPN mentions Tom Osbourne in an article about football coaches that they introduce him as "former political conservative house member Tom Osbourne..." rather than "former Nebraska coach Tom Osbourne..." then I'm not really following anymore.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 pm

Free Bagel wrote: He spent the most time with the Huskers, had his best days as a husker, and was far and away his most famous with the Huskers. All those other places were just quick stops, when anyone thinks of Phillips they think of him in a Husker uniform and that's just the way it is. You're being a bit irrational with this.

Unless you're also arguing that the next time ESPN mentions Tom Osbourne in an article about football coaches that they introduce him as "former political conservative house member Tom Osbourne..." rather than "former Nebraska coach Tom Osbourne..." then I'm not really following anymore.

I hear you. And yes, I'll cop to maybe being a bit irrational about this, and I've probably helped this thread last half again longer than it should have, BUT - I still don't have to like it.

I'm sorry I've got such a burr up my ass over this guy. I'm done talking about him now.

:-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to College Football