Vetoable Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vetoable Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vetoable Trade

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:09 am

I am the commish in a 10-team league and just accepted a trade that was proposed to me. A few managers have already harshly criticized me for accepting this deal, because I am favored so much. Trade's go through by commisioner review, so what do I do? This is a 10-team ppr league

Team A receives: Derrick Mason, Jamal Lewis, Laurence Maroney

Team B receives: Shaun Alexander, Donte Stallworth, DAL D

Team A (2-3) (568 points)
QB (start 1) S. Mcnair, M. Leinart
RB (start 2 at RB and possibly 2 more at flex) S. Alexander, F. Taylor, M. Turner, K. Faulk
WR (start 2 at WR and possibly 2 more at flex) J. Walker, L. Fitzgerald, D. Stallworth, A. Randle El, B. Johnson, Ma. Clayton
TE (start 1) A. Gates, T. Heap
K (start 1) M. Stover, N. Rackers
DEF (start 1) CHI, DAL
IDP (start 2) R. Lewis, T. Suggs

Team B (2-3) (614 points)
QB (start 1) C. Palmer, C. Pennington
RB (start 2 at RB and possibly 2 more at flex) C. Portis, S. Jackson, L. Maroney, J. Lewis, B. Jacobs, D. Williams, M. Barber, L. Washington
WR (start 2 at WR and possibly 2 more at flex) S. Smith, P. Burress, D. Mason, R. Brown, R. Smith, T. Williamson, J. Jurevicious
TE (start 1) H. Miller
K (start 1) R. Gould
DEF (start 1) none
IDP (start 2) K. Rhodes, B. Scott

thanks for the help
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Kilroy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:27 am

It's lopsided, but I don't think it's vetoable by any stretch.

Is Team A a Ratbirds fan?

The others are likely just whining because they don't like what it does for your team. That said, in the league where I'm the commish any trades involving me are put up to a league vote from which I obstain. Only away to avoid any semblance of impropriety.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

well

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:36 am

Well so far 4 people in the league have vetoed the trade, but haven't really provided any background reasoning. I basically said if 5 people say no it doesn't go through.
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: well

Postby maddog60 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:19 am

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:Well so far 4 people in the league have vetoed the trade, but haven't really provided any background reasoning. I basically said if 5 people say no it doesn't go through.

Hence why I heavily favor finding a commish who understands the need to exercise caution with the veto, and not have a vote. All too often the rest of the league will vote on whether they want the trade to go through, not whether it should be vetoed.

THis is not a vetoable trade.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:23 am

not vetoable. it's clear that this trade is being done because the two parties have their own views on players that face uncertain futures this year. Nothing wrong with acting on speculation.
[b]Hermes[/b]: Just such the obstinancy that brought you here, to this self-willed calamitous anchorage.

[b]Prometheus[/b]: Be sure of this: when I set my misfortune against your slavery, I would not change.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:04 am

well:

a) he's the commish. which is why it's put to a league vote.
b) no idea on how it's clear what the parties views on players and uncertain futures are from the information given.

but dbacks, not sure what you're asking us for. since you're involved in the trade, you obviously can't judge the veto or not. requiring 5 votes against out of the 8 non-involved owners is your solution.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: well

Postby Retet » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am

maddog60 wrote:
DbacksAllTheWay wrote:Well so far 4 people in the league have vetoed the trade, but haven't really provided any background reasoning. I basically said if 5 people say no it doesn't go through.

Hence why I heavily favor finding a commish who understands the need to exercise caution with the veto, and not have a vote. All too often the rest of the league will vote on whether they want the trade to go through, not whether it should be vetoed.

THis is not a vetoable trade.

I totally agree with maddog60 here.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheMule » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:10 am

That would be a tough one to veto. It is a bit lopsided, but not vetoable at all.
Deluxe Sig By Deluxe_247
TheMule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:19 am

I don't see it as vetoable. Everyone thinks that when a big name like SA shows up in a trade that it should be vetoed! I really don't even think it's a lopsided trade.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 am

RugbyD wrote:not vetoable. it's clear that this trade is being done because the two parties have their own views on players that face uncertain futures this year. Nothing wrong with acting on speculation.

and thats all it is, thats why i dont like that veto option anymore, we took it out...now the commish reviews trades and clears them, only questions way outta line trades, this is by far a good trade and very even....the bottom half has better players but questionably at that...shaun a owners may feel he wont come back full strength, and same for stallworth so he wants to get rid of banged up players for a healthy maroney, mason and hope for the best with lewis...the other owner is obviously tired of mason n lewis and wants the upside of the stars....

no question at all
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk