Willie Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Willie Green?

Postby Mudd » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:25 am

So he's had ONE good game. But he's going against the Raiders next week, who made Anthony Thomas look good.

Is he worth a shot starting next week? I don't really need to, but sometimes it's fun to gamble.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:30 am

if they made atrain look good...then yes id start him. ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Re: Willie Green?

Postby kid a » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:36 pm

Mudd wrote:So he's had ONE good game. But he's going against the Raiders next week, who made Anthony Thomas look good.

Is he worth a shot starting next week? I don't really need to, but sometimes it's fun to gamble.

I had said to bench him until he has a good game. That happened last night, I wouldn't hesitate to start him with confidence against Oakland next week.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:09 pm

I am risking the start of Will Green this week. I have him and taking the risk. Let's hope for good.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mudd » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:14 pm

For me it all depends on how Edge looks tonight. If's he's okay, he starts w/Portis, otherwise I might just throw Willie in there.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kid a » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:16 pm

Mudd wrote:For me it all depends on how Edge looks tonight. If's he's okay, he starts w/Portis, otherwise I might just throw Willie in there.

Well that changes my answer. If Edge and Portis are healthy, don't even think of starting Green. Forget he exists.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:12 pm

hey all of you...start him and face the consequenses of it!!! if you want to lose this weeks game then go right ahead and start him....even if he does get 100 yds (which he probably wont) what are the chances of him getting a TD?? not good at all. and even though he had a good game last night...how many points would that game have given you??? maybe 6...12 if your lucky and your league counts 1 pt per 10 yds. Bottom Line: Green is a bust and will not produce for you this year.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kid a » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:18 pm

culboarder wrote:hey all of you...start him and face the consequenses of it!!! if you want to lose this weeks game then go right ahead and start him....even if he does get 100 yds (which he probably wont) what are the chances of him getting a TD?? not good at all. and even though he had a good game last night...how many points would that game have given you??? maybe 6...12 if your lucky and your league counts 1 pt per 10 yds. Bottom Line: Green is a bust and will not produce for you this year.

Wow, a little harsh here aren't we??

11 points by most of my league's scoring systems. Not great, but double digits is nothing to sneeze at.

Bottom line is that their is a 50/50 chance that Green has good numbers the rest of the way. You may not think it's likely, but we saw what the Cleveland offense looks like when it clicks on all cylinders last night, and there are certainly a lot of fantasy points to go around on that team.

You seem to act like William Green is completely incapable of crossing the goal line.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:10 pm

I'm praying that willie has a good green b/c I'll trade him to upgrade my WR's.

QB: Steve McNair/Patrick Ramsey
RB: Portis/Lewis/Onterrio/Green/Mike Anderson/Cloud
WR: Holt/Boldin/Warrick/McCareins
TE: Todd Heap
K: Sebastian
DEF: KC
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:17 pm

I'm not a Willie Green fan, but he's a starting feature back who just ran for 100+ yards. Anybody who tells you that is worthless is flat out stupid.

There is no guarantee that Green will or won't score a TD. I wouldn't risk anything of value against it happening. If there is a pass interference in the end zone and he gets 4 tries from the 1, I think he'll probably score on the Faider D.

He obviously has some talent, he was picked ahead of Portis and others.He ran well at the end of last year. He's inconsistent, but that doesn't warrant benching him forever or declaring him a worthless bust. You might have had a couple of better options in the 3rd round, but then again you were probably looking at him or Eddie George by then. For a 3rd back he's a decent option. He's a little short of being a good #2 RB, but I've seen people in worse situations.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk