Return to College Football

VT v. BC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 pm

VT vs. UM ought to be a classic. :-/
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:31 pm

VaderFin wrote:VT vs. UM ought to be a classic. :-/

Looked good at the beginning of the year
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:31 pm

I think you guys regroup and stomp us back to the mid-majors.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:32 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

I think VT will be good next year. I like your QB, i just think he needs exp, and the D did play well, just too many fouls; and TO by Offense
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:37 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I think VT will be good next year. I like your QB, i just think he needs exp, and the D did play well, just too many fouls; and TO by Offense

Oh yeah, I didn't mean that I've lost all hope. I think we all knew (VT fans) that we were rebuilding this season. I just meant that it's going to be a humiliating loss. I don't mean to be too down, I just think that Miami is playing below their potential right now and a good rivalry game is what they need to get their game straight.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Oh yeah, I didn't mean that I've lost all hope. I think we all knew (VT fans) that we were rebuilding this season. I just meant that it's going to be a humiliating loss. I don't mean to be too down, I just think that Miami is playing below their potential right now and a good rivalry game is what they need to get their game straight.

I agree with you, was just using your quote so you knew i was talking to you ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I'm not holding my breath.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Luca Brasi » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:42 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Wasnt impressed with either team. Good story about that kicker though.

What was the whole story? I only caught a bit of it...something about him never playing in a football game before? Is he another "kickball" convert?

"Why is a Fighting Illini considered politically incorrect, but not a Fighting Irish?"
Luca Brasi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:59 pm

Luca Brasi wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:Wasnt impressed with either team. Good story about that kicker though.

What was the whole story? I only caught a bit of it...something about him never playing in a football game before? Is he another "kickball" convert?

Never played football ever. Goes to open try outs and kicks the hell out of the ball. He did play soccer growing up.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

Never played football ever. Goes to open try outs and kicks the hell out of the ball. He did play soccer growing up.

I think it was a bit different from that. I read that he went onto the football field just to see if he could kick (he had played soccer all his life). He then was approached on the field by one of the coaches from BC who he thought was kicking him off the field. The coach then asked him to join on up.

Here's the exact story... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2620663
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football