How did I do? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How did I do?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How did I do?

Postby Parshooter72 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:32 pm

We just had our draft last night, and am looking for some advice/critique of my team.

Here is how it stands:

QB - Aaron Brooks, Tim Couch

RB - Marshall Faulk, Deuce McCallister, Fred Taylor, Johnathon Wells, Trung Candidate

WR - Darrell Jackson, Kevin Johnson, Troy Brown, Dez White, Santana Moss, Darnay Scott

K - Phil Dawson

Defenses - Pittsburgh, St. Louis

I had the dreaded first overall pick, which handicaps you. We are a salary cap league. Tony Gonzalez, Marcus Pollard, Antonio Freemen, Stacey Mack, Jamal Anderson, Brian Westbrook, David Patten, and Kevin McDougal(Edge's backup?) are all still out on the waiver wire. Do you think any of these guys would be better on my team then some one currently holding a spot?
Parshooter72

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:53 pm

Some of those players left on the waiver wire are pretty good... I'd be very tempted to drop at least Scott and Moss and pick up Freeman and Mack. You made a very good move picking up Canidate to back up Faulk - adding Taylor's backup would also make your team a lot less vulnerable. St. Louis is a good defense, but if D's don't count for much in your league, drop St. Louis for Anderson.

Overall, your team looks solid. If Brooks lives up to his potential, you should have an excellent season. If he takes a step back, you may have to scramble a bit to pull off a trade or two, but I think he'll do well. The Saints have given him a great situation in which he can show his talent.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:57 pm

I would say your team looks pretty strong. Qb's are solid at best.. You'll need one of them to have a career year to compete, but there's a good chance neither will. Rb's are terrific. Faulk and Deuce have potential to be two of the top backs in football barring injury. Deuce is a question mark but with any luck he'll be outstanding. Also, having Taylor and Wells for insurance along with Faulk's back-up.. You are all set there. Your receivers I think are very weak. You might want to look to see if there is a Wayne Chrebet or even better a Chris Chambers on the waiver wire to pick up along with Tony Gonzalez. Keep Troy Brown, Kevin Brown, and maybe one of the other receivers. Piuck whichever one you prefer because they are all in the same tier. Good Luck man
Bubba08

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:58 pm

If i were you, I would pickup Mack and Gonzalez and either drop wells and one receiver or 2 receivers (probably scott or white)

Return to Football Talk