Playstation 3 Preorders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Playstation 3 Preorders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playstation 3 Preorders

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:43 am

I just found out that they are taking orders now.

However, Gamestop is no longer taking preorders.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ps3/ps3_signup.asp

If anyone has any more info, please post. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playstation 3 Preorders

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:27 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I just found out that they are taking orders now.

However, Gamestop is no longer taking preorders.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ps3/ps3_signup.asp

If anyone has any more info, please post. ;-D

For 2008??? :-b
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:38 pm

We'll see if it gets worse as Nov 17th approaches.

PlayStation 3 delayed in Europe

Sony announces next-gen console pushed back to March 2007 in Europe; blue laser diode issues cited for delay as confusion surrounds US and Japan launch.
By Guy Cocker, GameSpot UK
Posted Sep 6, 2006 1:44 am PT

When Sony's PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles launched worldwide, there was up to nine months between the Japanese and European releases. So European gamers rejoiced when, at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, it was announced that the PlayStation 3 launch would take place worldwide over a matter of weeks in November.

However, this morning Sony has issued a statement saying that the PlayStation 3 release date has been pushed back to March 2007 in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, and Australasia. Sony cited 'the delay in the mass-production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group' as the reason for the postponement.

After a large amount of confusion, Sony has now confirmed that it has drastically scaled back the scope of the PS3 launch in Japan in the US. Only 100,000 PS3s will be in Japanese stores when the platform goes on sale there on November 11. North America will only get 400,000 units for its PS3 launch on November 17.

The combined figure of 500,000 is one quarter of the 2 million units Sony predicted would be available at launch worldwide as late as this morning. The company has since lowered its worldwide 2006 shipment estimates from 4 million to 2 million-2.4 million. Officially, Sony's global shipment forecast of 6 million units for its 2007 fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2007, remains unaffected.

The European delay means that the PlayStation 3 launch will take place well over six years since that of its predecessor, which went on sale on November 24, 2000. Sony is making no additional comment on the PlayStation 3 delay at this point in time.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:03 pm

Wait, its still being shipped in North America on Nov. 17 right?
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:30 am

bobbing_headz wrote:Wait, its still being shipped in North America on Nov. 17 right?

Only a fraction of the units... and from what I'm hearing on various hardware forums... you probably do not want to be the owner of the first units on the market anyhow. I'd wait till Q2'07 myself.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:48 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Wait, its still being shipped in North America on Nov. 17 right?

Only a fraction of the units... and from what I'm hearing on various hardware forums... you probably do not want to be the owner of the first units on the market anyhow. I'd wait till Q2'07 myself.

Damn. I don't wanna wait that long.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:14 pm

Is it just me, or is the text on the Plastation3 Console identical to that of the Spiderman movies? :-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:22 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Is it just me, or is the text on the Plastation3 Console identical to that of the Spiderman movies? :-o

I've noticed that as well. But, do you know what studio distributed SpiderMan? Sony, the same maker of the PS3. Coincendince? I think not.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Is it just me, or is the text on the Plastation3 Console identical to that of the Spiderman movies? :-o

I've noticed that as well. But, do you know what studio distributed SpiderMan? Sony, the same maker of the PS3. Coincendince? I think not.

Correct ;-D

Hey, why not poach off the success of spiderman
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:36 pm

horrible
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games