Is Holmes coming back to earth? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Is Holmes coming back to earth?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Holmes coming back to earth?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:02 pm

Started out 3-0, am now 3-2. The difference between my team winning and losing is Priest Holmes. 2 sub-par weeks (no TDs) in a row. I know he was playing against 2 great D's but I hope he isn't tapering off too much. What is your opinion on his outlook for the remainder, is it time to trade him? I know I was spoiled by the 7 TD's in 3 weeks, but I need him to at least score 1 TD a week to be a contender in my league. Will he pick up the pace in the TD department?
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Rat Pack » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:09 pm

Priest Holmes is fine. You're not gonna have the amazing numbers he put up at the beginning of the season every week no matter WHO it is. He will have great numbers most of the time and average numbers once in a while. That's the case with all good backs though right? Nobody has a great game every week. Taper your expectations and watch Holmes put up his normal numbers against the Pack next week.
"Here's the thing: if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker."- Rounders
Rat Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 517
Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tobacco Road (Dunn, NC)

Postby SinCity » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:31 pm

The Chiefs O isn't moving the ball as well the last 2 weeks and they are passing for TD's when they do get in there. Priest will get his, no worries. ;-D
Image
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1860
Joined: 12 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: KC MO

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:52 pm

No Worries? The report of his hip acting up doesn't cause a worry? I'd be damn worried. I wouldn't bail on him cheap, but I'd look for a safer alternative if there are people willing to deal.

Sitting back with 'no worries' leaves you with no RB option if there is an issue that is being kept quiet.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 692
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bay area

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:17 pm

I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:20 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.


now that would just be stupid.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 217
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: ya

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:22 pm

culboarder wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.


now that would just be stupid.


I disagree with you yet again. If I could get a top tier RB plus a solid receiver for the struggling Holmes, I do it in a heartbeat. There's absolutely nothing stupid about that.
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:29 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
culboarder wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.


now that would just be stupid.


I disagree with you yet again. If I could get a top tier RB plus a solid receiver for the struggling Holmes, I do it in a heartbeat. There's absolutely nothing stupid about that.


did u just call him struggling holmes?!?!?! oh yeah he is really struggling this year when he is the highest scoring fantasy player in the league right now! i dont know what you are smoking.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 217
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: ya

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:31 pm

Actually, he isn't even the number 1 scoring RB in the league right now. Ahman is. And he has combined for 6 fantasy points in the last 2 weeks. Compared to what he did the first 3 weeks, that's definitely struggling.
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:35 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Actually, he isn't even the number 1 scoring RB in the league right now. Ahman is. And he has combined for 6 fantasy points in the last 2 weeks. Compared to what he did the first 3 weeks, that's definitely struggling.


i dont know what league you are looking at but in the regular yahoo public leagues...holmes is #1 and LT is #2...green is way down at #6. holmes has been the best player in fantasy football this year and you think hes struggling...what wrong with you?
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 217
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: ya

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:02 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact