Is Holmes coming back to earth? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Holmes coming back to earth?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Holmes coming back to earth?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:02 pm

Started out 3-0, am now 3-2. The difference between my team winning and losing is Priest Holmes. 2 sub-par weeks (no TDs) in a row. I know he was playing against 2 great D's but I hope he isn't tapering off too much. What is your opinion on his outlook for the remainder, is it time to trade him? I know I was spoiled by the 7 TD's in 3 weeks, but I need him to at least score 1 TD a week to be a contender in my league. Will he pick up the pace in the TD department?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Rat Pack » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:09 pm

Priest Holmes is fine. You're not gonna have the amazing numbers he put up at the beginning of the season every week no matter WHO it is. He will have great numbers most of the time and average numbers once in a while. That's the case with all good backs though right? Nobody has a great game every week. Taper your expectations and watch Holmes put up his normal numbers against the Pack next week.
"Here's the thing: if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker."- Rounders
Rat Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby SinCity » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:31 pm

The Chiefs O isn't moving the ball as well the last 2 weeks and they are passing for TD's when they do get in there. Priest will get his, no worries. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:52 pm

No Worries? The report of his hip acting up doesn't cause a worry? I'd be damn worried. I wouldn't bail on him cheap, but I'd look for a safer alternative if there are people willing to deal.

Sitting back with 'no worries' leaves you with no RB option if there is an issue that is being kept quiet.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:17 pm

I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:20 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.

now that would just be stupid.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:22 pm

culboarder wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:I would trade Holmes while his value is high. He is the leading scoreer in all the league I have seen. I would try to trade him for another top RB and another good guy depending on what you need.

I disagree with you yet again. If I could get a top tier RB plus a solid receiver for the struggling Holmes, I do it in a heartbeat. There's absolutely nothing stupid about that.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:29 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
culboarder wrote:

I disagree with you yet again. If I could get a top tier RB plus a solid receiver for the struggling Holmes, I do it in a heartbeat. There's absolutely nothing stupid about that.

did u just call him struggling holmes?!?!?! oh yeah he is really struggling this year when he is the highest scoring fantasy player in the league right now! i dont know what you are smoking.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:31 pm

Actually, he isn't even the number 1 scoring RB in the league right now. Ahman is. And he has combined for 6 fantasy points in the last 2 weeks. Compared to what he did the first 3 weeks, that's definitely struggling.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby culboarder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:35 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Actually, he isn't even the number 1 scoring RB in the league right now. Ahman is. And he has combined for 6 fantasy points in the last 2 weeks. Compared to what he did the first 3 weeks, that's definitely struggling.

i dont know what league you are looking at but in the regular yahoo public leagues...holmes is #1 and LT is #2...green is way down at #6. holmes has been the best player in fantasy football this year and you think hes struggling...what wrong with you?
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk