Top fantasy quarterback... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top fantasy quarterback...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Top fantasy quarterback...

Postby Warpigs » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:28 pm

Who do you think is the top fantasy quarterback to have on your roster. After watching a variety of quarterbacks over the first couple weeks of the season, several things have stuck out. Peyton Manning's performance against New Orleans was one. Donovan McNabb's struggles to put up decent fantasy points is another. Daunte Culpepper's back injury, as pain as it sounds, is yet another. Ultimately, I've come to the conclusion that there's one quarterback I'd want on my team starting every week... Steve McNair. OK, he doesn't have a stable of reliable stud WRs to throw to and he isn't exactly injury-free himself -- however he finds ways to get the job done, through thick and thin. He plays through any and all injuries and he combines a throwing and running game like no other quarterback in the NFL. Yes, Vick can run, but he lacks in accuracy passing. Manning is a great pocket passer, but he lacks in running ability. McNabb has some qualities of both, but hasn't shown reliability since his leg injury last year. It all boils down to McNair -- who seems like the total package. He threw for almost 400 yards yesterday to a questionable receiving group against a fairly good defense. Yes, he threw an interception that ultimately cost Tennessee the game -- but he also ran for two TDs himself. Fantasy-wise, McNair has emerged from basically nowhere to become the best QB. Anyone want to argue that?
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AF » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:32 pm

The only thing that puts him on top is CPep's back injury. Had that not happened McNair would be second on my list thus far. From this point on however I would much rather have CPep on my roster seeing as how he will be on a bye week this week and should be returning to play in week 7. But yes, thus far I would love to have McNair on my roster.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

McNair

Postby lifeform » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:34 pm

Agreed. I think I'd take McNair over any other QB right now.

After last year, I became a believer in McNair.

He plays every week (even through injury), and while he doesn't always have great games, he just doesn't seem to have bad games.

I drafted him in the 7th round this year, and I couldn't be happier with him.
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Buckychudd » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:57 pm

I'll start Culpepper over anybody when he is healthy.....and I like Manning just a hair better than McNair. But McNair is definitely my #3 ranked QB.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby CptnCalculator » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:08 pm

I agree on McNair, but I think Bulger is right up there if the QB controversy doesn't exist. Time will tell with him though, he needs to get through a whole season before I can make him #1.
CptnCalculator Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:17 pm

My top 5 would be (in no particular order):

Manning
Mcnair
Culpepper
Bulger
Hasselbeck
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TheREALfan » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:22 pm

Manning? MANNING? Earth to you.............Peyton Manning is the most overratted QB in the WORLD!
TheREALfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lifeform » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:32 pm

TheREALfan wrote:Manning? MANNING? Earth to you.............Peyton Manning is the most overratted QB in the WORLD!

I agree w/ you RealFan -- I'd leave Manning off of my list of top 5 QBs, (fantasy or real-life).
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CptnCalculator » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:37 pm

Umm, I think the question was top Fantasy QB, and in that case, no matter what you think of Manning (even if he is overrated), you have to agree he is right up there.
CptnCalculator Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:38 pm

I drafted McNair this year and couldn't be happier!!! He's starting the rest of the year.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk