Top fantasy quarterback... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top fantasy quarterback...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bbentley40 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:49 pm

Only part I am lost on is the "Fantasy-wise, McNair has emerged from basically nowhere to become the best QB." Are you referring to his college days at Alcorn St. (aka - nowhere) or do you just think that he has shown this incredible ability to play through injury this year?? I have always liked having McNair on my team, there are few things you can count on in FF, but McNair is one of those things!
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:58 pm

By nowhere I meant that he was still an afterthought for most people. The guy should have won the MVP last year, but didn't because most people don't recognize his dual-threat ability and overall poise, no matter what is thrown at him from injuries to tricky defensive schemes
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby bbentley40 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:03 pm

Warpigs wrote:By nowhere I meant that he was still an afterthought for most people.

Yeah well you gotta remember that most people in this world are freakin' idiots.. and as for the other 8 they are probably still much smarter than me.. :) hehe
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cambodian » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:09 pm

McNair is def. a top 5 QB, number 1 is questionable. I think Culpepper would be 1 if it were not for his back. I waited till around round 8 to grab a QB and the guy right before me grabbed McNair and I got stuck with Favre :( I'd have loved to have McNair!!
Someday Da Bears will return to Glory!!
Cambodian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kid a » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:15 pm

TheREALfan wrote:Manning? MANNING? Earth to you.............Peyton Manning is the most overratted QB in the WORLD!

Overrated yes. Putting up great numbers right now? Yes. *Potentially* the #1 QB the rest of the way? Not likely, but certainly a possibility, and I wouldn't ridicule anyone for putting them at the top of the list.

A week ago I would have said Hasselbeck, but I'm pissed at him right now so I'd probably say Bulger. With Bulger, Gordon, Bruce/Holt, and that scary-good O-Line, who's going to stop this Ram offense this year??

McNair is certainly right up there too.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:17 pm

McNair, the only time I am not going to play him from now on is week 9. That is his bye week. He will play through injury and always give you points. I went into the year thinking Hasselbeck over him, and this week I got burned. Hass. got 6 points and McNair (on my bench) got 32. I am not benching McNair anymore.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kid a » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:26 pm

M_Zimm wrote:McNair, the only time I am not going to play him from now on is week 9. That is his bye week. He will play through injury and always give you points. I went into the year thinking Hasselbeck over him, and this week I got burned. Hass. got 6 points and McNair (on my bench) got 32. I am not benching McNair anymore.

I can't blame you there, and most would agree and go with McNair without a second thought.

When I get big on a guy though, (see Onterrio) it takes a lot for me to back off my predictions and projections. And I still say Hasselbeck, Alexander, and K-Rob are studs, and are going to come out with the guns blazing next weekend. I think they had a down game which will be their worst of the season.

That said, it's probably much smarter to go with McNair and his hot hand right now anyways.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

I got

Postby HungZo » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:54 pm

I got Mcnair as my qb because my starter C Pep is hurt...I got an extremely good QB
HungZo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:56 pm

When he's healthy, there's no doubt that Culpepper is the best fantasy QB in the league.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:58 pm

VHawk15 wrote:When he's healthy, there's no doubt that Culpepper is the best fantasy QB in the league.

I agree. I'm from Philly and I'm still scratching my head as to how McNabb was #1 on draft charts for FF. I always thought Culpepper was a better FF QB for a bunch of reason but mostly because the Viks love to run different variations of QB draws near the goal line.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk