Top fantasy quarterback... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top fantasy quarterback...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby senseiosin » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:22 pm

I am also very high on McNair, never had him in the 4 years Ive been playing fantasy football and never really noticed him as being anything special. I recalled he rarely misses games and the Titans are always a competitive team. This year's drafts I focused on RB, WR and TE so I waited till the last pick of the 6th round to take a QB, it was McNair and the last pick in the eighth round to take Maddox. Here is a list of QB's picked before McNair in my league, in no particular order:

McNabb, Gannon, Manning, Culpepper, A.Brooks, Kurt Warner, Hassleback, Garcia, Farve, Bledsoe, Trent Green, Vick. :-B

Who is the #1 fantasy point getting QB so far this year? McNair.

Sufficed to say, Im looking like a genius in my league and am sittin' pretty at 5-0, with the points lead, and ranked #1 on the power scale. Not to mention the Chiefs Def/Spec. Teams picked up in week 2 off the waiver wire. Also the #1 ranked Fantasy def/spec. teams. This is my best shot to win it all in four years, and I did it by not listening to any of the "experts" on yahoo, cbssportsline, or the other sites. This forum is the best source of biased, but well argued theories of fantasy football. I have to give props to finding this board that has contributed to my sucess so far. Just hope I can keep it up. ;-D

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
1st overall pick

QB - Maddox, McNair
RB - Portis, Zerowue, Anderson,Candidate
WR - Moss, Moulds, D. Jackson
TE - Heap, Kinney
K - Aaron Elling
Def - Chiefs, Vikings
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kwirefire » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:51 pm

I'd say Cpep... and not just cuz he plays for my Vikes.

Yes McNair is tough. but I think Cpep has the potential for big points any week against any team.

So he missed 2 games. He didn't just hurt his back... He Fractured it!!!

I'm not to worried about his injury though. I know a guy that just got over the same injury... compression fractures. just about good as new a month later.

Cpep is tough as nails and ya'll ain't seen nuthin' yet!
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby big shot » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:25 am

manning maybe overated in terms of actual football, but the guy gets 4000 yds every year and is throwing alot of tds this year. so he would be my top pick. For my second pick its like fipping a coin no one really stands out. I dont see mcnairs stats lasting.
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wolverine » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:02 pm

Culpepper and McNair are the two best fantasy QB's without question, I drafted C-Pep in two leagues and McNair in another. While I love to watch Daunte play, I think I enjoy watching McNair more, just because the guy is so damned good.

Honestly, Frerotte has shown that Daunte gets his stats because he has Moss. Taking nothing away from Gus but he has just been lobbing passes up for Randy because he gets so much more height on opposing cornerbacks...no one can really stop the guy. McNair is another story though...he is friggin' pinpoint accurate, even with a damned splint of his throwing hand. He is truly something special.

While I hope Daunte comes back in Week 7 strong and healthy, I look back at Weeks 1-5 and see that McNair is the #1 fantasy QB in my one league, while the injured Daunte cost me a loss in Week 4 because of my beleagured QB situation with Hasselbeck on bye as my backup. I think McNair will end the year #1 in fantasy points for a QB, however, Culpepper will look better if you look at average points per game. Which would you rather have? An explosive player who can put up huge numbers on a given week or a warrior who you know can go out there and produce consistently every week? Both are great QB's and either are great lineup options for your team.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zombiez » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:33 pm

from a fantasy standpoint......has to be Manning.......and where are the veterans on this list like Favre, and Bledsoe
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kid a » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:11 am

Zombiez wrote:from a fantasy standpoint......has to be Manning.......and where are the veterans on this list like Favre, and Bledsoe

This season? I pray nobody thinks Favre is top fantasy quarterback *this* season.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheREALfan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:44 am

Top Fantasy QB ?

Cliff Stoudt!
The NFL sucks!!
TheREALfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:56 am

I agree with all the other posts: McNair is the best Fantasy QB, the only time I am not going to start him is week 9 (his bye). And any way you put it, Manning IS in the top 5.

I love this because I have McNair!
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: I got

Postby MadScott » Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:29 pm

HungZo wrote:I got Mcnair as my qb because my starter C Pep is hurt...I got an extremely good QB
I'm in the exact same situation. Of course going into the year, I wouldn't have thought that McNair would be what he is. It's better to be lucky than good though.

Manning? MANNING? Earth to you.............Peyton Manning is the most overratted QB in the WORLD!

Not according to Rush Limbaugh. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stinky » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:17 pm

The question was who is the best fantasy qb. Not if he wasnt hurt or if he has potential or he has been good in the past. I have to go with Mcnair for his concistency
stinky
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk