Ronnie Brown the problem in Miami??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ronnie Brown the problem in Miami???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown the problem in Miami???

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:21 pm

Interesting perspective in the local media saying we shouldn't be laying all the blame on Culpepper - writer argues that Brown is not performing like the high draft pick that he was and that maybe he's not an elite RB like most think. Hmmm - food for thought???
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 727029.htm
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:38 pm

What's Dolphins' problem? That porous O-line has a lot of blame to take. I mean, a team giving up that many sacks + having trouble running the ball, I would not look much further than line malfunction...
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mattb47 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:51 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:What's Dolphins' problem? That porous O-line has a lot of blame to take. I mean, a team giving up that many sacks + having trouble running the ball, I would not look much further than line malfunction...

Well, you also have to consider that there have been good RBs who have performed much better than Ronnie has been with poor offensive lines. Although much of the blame can fall squarely on their shoulders, Ronnie still has to bear some of it.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deacon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:03 pm

Have any of you actually watched the Dolphins play? I can't lay much blame on Brown yet. In the 3 games that I have watched he appears to be getting the maximum production out of the situation he is put in. The biggest problem with the running game is the coaches. They are not giving the run game a chance to excel.
Brown had 26 carries against Ten but other than that game has had 15, 15, 12, and 17 carries. When the run game is not producing the only way to get it to work is to keep pounding.

It is what Min is doing with Chester. His blocking etc. is no better than Browns but Min commits to the run and keeps running and running and running regardless of the ypc. Eventually the D gets worn out and running becomes easier but you can't tire out a D line with 12 carries a game.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby slowride » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:06 pm

A successful football team starts at the offensive line. The dolphins line is underperforming......understatement I know. So you don't need to look past that if you're a dolphins coach. Fix the line....then look elsewhere.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mrblitz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:23 pm

I am not laying the blame on Brown at all. I blame Cpep a little. My number one complaint is the O'line. They have not been blocking for Cpep or Brown at all.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bklik » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:38 pm

deacon wrote:Have any of you actually watched the Dolphins play? I can't lay much blame on Brown yet. In the 3 games that I have watched he appears to be getting the maximum production out of the situation he is put in. The biggest problem with the running game is the coaches. They are not giving the run game a chance to excel.
Brown had 26 carries against Ten but other than that game has had 15, 15, 12, and 17 carries. When the run game is not producing the only way to get it to work is to keep pounding.

It is what Min is doing with Chester. His blocking etc. is no better than Browns but Min commits to the run and keeps running and running and running regardless of the ypc. Eventually the D gets worn out and running becomes easier but you can't tire out a D line with 12 carries a game.

Hutch
Richardson
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:53 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Verdun Barbarians wrote:What's Dolphins' problem? That porous O-line has a lot of blame to take. I mean, a team giving up that many sacks + having trouble running the ball, I would not look much further than line malfunction...

Well, you also have to consider that there have been good RBs who have performed much better than Ronnie has been with poor offensive lines. Although much of the blame can fall squarely on their shoulders, Ronnie still has to bear some of it.

but the comparisons are unfare, the guy in the article compared this to the year when ricky ran for over 1800 yards with no pro bowlers on the line at all, that wasnt ricky williams 2nd year pro, and ronnie brown is not ricky williams, at least not yet....ricky was on top of this game that year, the best in the NFL during a stretch, and could of been one of the games best rb's ever....its yet to be seen, but they werent talking about ricky that way when drafted, he didnt play for the saints that way either, otherwise they would not of let him go....

so they should let him ease into his role and not expect dan marino and ricky williams so soon after....thats a little much to be asking of a player in his 2nd year, you wont get much better or younger then what ronnie brown gives you
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MEK4178 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:53 pm

bklik wrote:
deacon wrote:Have any of you actually watched the Dolphins play? I can't lay much blame on Brown yet. In the 3 games that I have watched he appears to be getting the maximum production out of the situation he is put in. The biggest problem with the running game is the coaches. They are not giving the run game a chance to excel.

Hutch
Richardson

Birk
McKinnie
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:56 pm

???

the vikings probably have the best line in the league, even if argued, you cannot argue that their left side is far and away the best you can get....brown would do tricks with that line
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk