Possible Trade Talk for Porter to Arizona?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Possible Trade Talk for Porter to Arizona??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Possible Trade Talk for Porter to Arizona??

Postby yankscool » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:37 pm

Been reading it on the other forums....can anyone confirm. If he does actually get traded before the deadline is he worth the pickup?
QB-Kitna, Harrington, Campbell
RB-Alexander, Westy, T. Henry, Morris
WR-Fitz, M.Booker, S.Holmes, M.Jones, M.Robinson
TE-Winslow
K-Wilkins
D-Miami
yankscool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:10 pm

I've only seen Randy Moss to Cards trade rumours.

But really, Arizona has much more pressing needs at other positions than WR. In fact, I'd say that WR is their biggest strength.

Personally, I highly doubt Arizona has any interest in WRs.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Matthias » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:35 pm

True, but I wouldn't put it past Grimace (Denny Green to all you non-Vikings fans) to trade for either Porter or Moss, especially Moss. Green loves flash. He loves offense. He loves big names. He loves to score points. It keeps his name in the headlines for, "shaking things up" and covers up the fact that he's a terrible coach that doesn't have a clue on what to do with a defense.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:30 am

I live in AZ, and I haven't heard peep one here about Porter or Moss trade discussions. Sounds like baseless speculation to me.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:05 am

Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:12 am

Apparently the Raiders are interested in obtaining left tackle Leonard Davis from the Cardinals so anything is possible:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... b1012.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:16 am

stomperrob wrote:Apparently the Raiders are interested in obtaining left tackle Leonard Davis from the Cardinals so anything is possible:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... b1012.html

Boggles my mind.

If you asked me what the Cardinals had too much of, I'd say WRs. If you asked me what they lacked, I'd say OL.

I seriously hope they don't trade a LT for a WR.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am

Makes no sense whatsoever. Unless the Cardinals think the injury to Fitz is season-threatening (which I haven't even heard a as possibility) what in the world would they do with Moss/Boldin/Fitz when they are all healthy.

Maybe the Cards GM has been playing too much fantasy and thinks he can pick up Moss to cover while Fitz is out and then spin him to another team ;-7 ;-7
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby daullaz » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:55 am

BeefSandwiches wrote:Makes no sense whatsoever. Unless the Cardinals think the injury to Fitz is season-threatening (which I haven't even heard a as possibility) what in the world would they do with Moss/Boldin/Fitz when they are all healthy.

Maybe the Cards GM has been playing too much fantasy and thinks he can pick up Moss to cover while Fitz is out and then spin him to another team ;-7 ;-7

And Bryant Johnson. No way Denny's dumb enough to trade for another WR.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 am

daullaz wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:Makes no sense whatsoever. Unless the Cardinals think the injury to Fitz is season-threatening (which I haven't even heard a as possibility) what in the world would they do with Moss/Boldin/Fitz when they are all healthy.

And Bryant Johnson. No way Denny's dumb enough to trade for another WR.

Don't be so sure. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk