Possible Trade Talk for Porter to Arizona?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Possible Trade Talk for Porter to Arizona??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 am

daullaz wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:Makes no sense whatsoever. Unless the Cardinals think the injury to Fitz is season-threatening (which I haven't even heard a as possibility) what in the world would they do with Moss/Boldin/Fitz when they are all healthy.

Maybe the Cards GM has been playing too much fantasy and thinks he can pick up Moss to cover while Fitz is out and then spin him to another team ;-7 ;-7

And Bryant Johnson. No way Denny's dumb enough to trade for another WR.

The real question here is whether Matt Millen can work a deal to get both Moss and Porter in Detroit :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:33 am

I don't think Moss is going anywhere. I've neither heard nor read a thing implying that he'll be traded. Frankly, I NEED him to be traded... I need some value from the guy NOW. Everything I've heard makes it seem as though Porter will possibly get traded, but that Moss is too expensive, and that nobody has the cap space to spare.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 am

onnestabe wrote:
daullaz wrote:
BeefSandwiches wrote:Makes no sense whatsoever. Unless the Cardinals think the injury to Fitz is season-threatening (which I haven't even heard a as possibility) what in the world would they do with Moss/Boldin/Fitz when they are all healthy.

Maybe the Cards GM has been playing too much fantasy and thinks he can pick up Moss to cover while Fitz is out and then spin him to another team ;-7 ;-7

The real question here is whether Matt Millen can work a deal to get both Moss and Porter in Detroit :-D

From azcentral.com:

Trading OT Davis unlikely
No. 2 overall draft pick from 2001 appears headed for free agency

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 12, 2006 12:00 AM

The Cardinals are open to the possibility of trading offensive left tackle Leonard Davis, but his salary and contract status will make it difficult to reach a deal.

Rod Graves, the team's vice president for football operations, declined to comment other than to say, "we're always going to explore all of our options when it comes to our players."

Davis declined comment Wednesday.

The second overall pick in the 2001 draft, Davis is in the last year of a contract that is paying him $9.16 million this season. Any team interested in trading for him would want to sign him to a long-term deal, and Davis' agent, Ryan Tollner, said he has heard nothing about a possible trade.

"Just from a pure football sense, it would seem illogical," Tollner said of a possible trade.

The NFL's trading deadline is Monday afternoon, but deals are seldom made at this point in the season. Players switching teams would have to learn new systems, and contract details can complicate matters.

The Cardinals have no backup tackle ready to step in for Davis. They could move guard Reggie Wells to tackle and insert Deuce Lutui or Chris Liwienski at guard, but Wells hasn't worked at tackle.

The Cardinals have talked with the Raiders about trading Davis, according to a report on KGME-AM (910). An NFL source, however, said that deal would not happen. The Raiders have Robert Gallery, the second overall pick in 2004, at left tackle. Gallery has been a disappointment, but it's not like Raiders owner Al Davis to admit he made a mistake in taking Gallery. It's unlikely the Raiders would trade for Davis, who would want a healthy contract to remain with the team.

The Cardinals wanted to see how Davis performed this season before entering negotiations to extend his contract. The fact that the Cardinals have not initiated discussions with Davis means it's unlikely they want to re-sign him.

Tollner said Davis would like to stay in Arizona, but is "comfortable" with the possibility of hitting the free-agent market. "It seems pretty clear a player's value goes up in free agency," he said.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Matthias » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:39 pm

Well, Den-Knee has succeeded in getting the sports media to talk about something other than the fact that they Cardinals are 1-4. Which was probably the whole point of this brouhaha in the first place.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ScrappyDoo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:41 pm

The Pats have enough cap room. They should trade for him otherwise they will have to finish the season with cap room which is basically worthless.

The have a pick to trade away from the Branch deal. I just hope they do something.

Winning has a way of quieting frustrated trouble makers.
ScrappyDoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:51 pm

Could this be the return of the "run 'n shoot" offense?

:-b
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Matthias » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:54 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:

Could this be the return of the "run 'n shoot" offense?

:-b

Sure. Green runs away from any problems and then shoots whoever says he's doing a bad job.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 pm

Is Millenitis contagious?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
daullaz wrote:

From azcentral.com:

Trading OT Davis unlikely
No. 2 overall draft pick from 2001 appears headed for free agency

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 12, 2006 12:00 AM

The Cardinals are open to the possibility of trading offensive left tackle Leonard Davis, but his salary and contract status will make it difficult to reach a deal.

Rod Graves, the team's vice president for football operations, declined to comment other than to say, "we're always going to explore all of our options when it comes to our players."

Davis declined comment Wednesday.

The second overall pick in the 2001 draft, Davis is in the last year of a contract that is paying him $9.16 million this season. Any team interested in trading for him would want to sign him to a long-term deal, and Davis' agent, Ryan Tollner, said he has heard nothing about a possible trade.

"Just from a pure football sense, it would seem illogical," Tollner said of a possible trade.

The NFL's trading deadline is Monday afternoon, but deals are seldom made at this point in the season. Players switching teams would have to learn new systems, and contract details can complicate matters.

The Cardinals have no backup tackle ready to step in for Davis. They could move guard Reggie Wells to tackle and insert Deuce Lutui or Chris Liwienski at guard, but Wells hasn't worked at tackle.

The Cardinals have talked with the Raiders about trading Davis, according to a report on KGME-AM (910). An NFL source, however, said that deal would not happen. The Raiders have Robert Gallery, the second overall pick in 2004, at left tackle. Gallery has been a disappointment, but it's not like Raiders owner Al Davis to admit he made a mistake in taking Gallery. It's unlikely the Raiders would trade for Davis, who would want a healthy contract to remain with the team.

The Cardinals wanted to see how Davis performed this season before entering negotiations to extend his contract. The fact that the Cardinals have not initiated discussions with Davis means it's unlikely they want to re-sign him.

Tollner said Davis would like to stay in Arizona, but is "comfortable" with the possibility of hitting the free-agent market. "It seems pretty clear a player's value goes up in free agency," he said.

That's the exact same article I already posted above!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:17 pm

BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk