M Colston on Yahoo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M Colston on Yahoo

Moderator: Football Moderators

M Colston on Yahoo

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:36 pm

I am in a Yahoo league where M. Colston is still being used as a TE. I suggested to the Commish that he should annouce that Colston can no longer be used as a TE after his week 7 bye. He said he agrees but has no way to enforce it since Yahoo hasnt changed his eligibility. This is a money league so I think something needs to be done about it before any later in the season and especially before playoffs. I was hoping to get some input to take back to him as to how others using Yahoo have addressed this problem???
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:41 pm

If it wasn't addressed in the league rules before the season, then nothing should be done. If yahoo has him TE eligable then the owner can play him as a TE. You can't change rules after the payment and draft.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Can't do anything about it. You could make an unofficial rule that you cant play him at TE, so that if the guy who has him plays him at TE, he will forfeit. Something like that. You can always solve something like this just by communicating with your other league owners.

Good Luck.

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Re: M Colston on Yahoo

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:52 pm

[quote="alwazefun"]I suggested to the Commish that he should annouce that Colston can no longer be used as a TE after his week 7 bye. quote]

i would suggest to you stop crying....

everyone is making a big deal because he turned out good, otherwise no one would care, and im sure your not an owner because you suggested this...you cannot stop eligibility once you have it, he will stay at both all year, and actually plays both in the game....

just let it go, you missed him this year, it will be more sleepers yet to come, but dont complain because you can play him at TE...if he was just average you wouldnt notice or care
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:00 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
alwazefun wrote:I suggested to the Commish that he should annouce that Colston can no longer be used as a TE after his week 7 bye. quote]

everyone is making a big deal because he turned out good, otherwise no one would care, and im sure your not an owner because you suggested this...you cannot stop eligibility once you have it, he will stay at both all year, and actually plays both in the game....

just let it go, you missed him this year, it will be more sleepers yet to come, but dont complain because you can play him at TE...if he was just average you wouldnt notice or care

I actually do own him in a league (not yahoo), and he had dual eligibility and I am the one that pointed out to the commisioner that his eligibility needed to be changed to WR . Because he is not a TE ...

Mod edit. Language please.
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:08 pm

alwazefun wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
alwazefun wrote:I suggested to the Commish that he should annouce that Colston can no longer be used as a TE after his week 7 bye. quote]

I actually do own him in a league (not yahoo), and he had dual eligibility and I am the one that pointed out to the commisioner that his eligibility needed to be changed to WR . Because he is not a TE ...

its not a loophole, its not like he's given extra points, he actually LINES UP at TE at points in the game, the depth chart on their website ive seen him listed at both positions...he splits out wide at WR as well but so what...

you know how many sets ive seen kellen winslow line up as the only WR split out wide with no TE in, just him as the WR...same for Colston, he actually plays both so i dont see the dilemma with it....

its not like the M Robinson situation where he is eligible at rb and wr, and obviously only plays RB, thats different, and if he was a TD workhorse this year, please believe that would start an uproar as well....

but the colston situation is different, why would you want to make a rule midway into the season, and say you cannot start a player where yahoo and alot of other leagues makes him available? thats the furthest thing from a loop hole if ive ever heard it
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby J.C.Fighter » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Some of you guys are babies :-t :-t :-t
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BillyHoe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:09 pm

alwazefun wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

I actually do own him in a league (not yahoo), and he had dual eligibility and I am the one that pointed out to the commisioner that his eligibility needed to be changed to WR . Because he is not a TE ... and if you need to rely on loopholes/web site oversites to win then you are a pussy!

Seriously, Let it go. Can't change the rules after the fact.

Mod edit.
BillyHoe
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gablefan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
alwazefun wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:

its not a loophole, its not like he's given extra points, he actually LINES UP at TE at points in the game, the depth chart on their website ive seen him listed at both positions...he splits out wide at WR as well but so what...

you know how many sets ive seen kellen winslow line up as the only WR split out wide with no TE in, just him as the WR...same for Colston, he actually plays both so i dont see the dilemma with it....

its not like the M Robinson situation where he is eligible at rb and wr, and obviously only plays RB, thats different, and if he was a TD workhorse this year, please believe that would start an uproar as well....

but the colston situation is different, why would you want to make a rule midway into the season, and say you cannot start a player where yahoo and alot of other leagues makes him available? thats the furthest thing from a loop hole if ive ever heard it

People say this, but I have never seen him line up at TE....
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby alwazefun » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:26 pm

Actually on both the Nfl.com and the Saints website he is listed as a WR exclusively. And it isnt changing the rules it is correcting a mistake, that 99% of all websites have changed ... many after the fact.

If you are currently playing Colston as a TE and defending changing his eligibility then your opinion doesnt matter
alwazefun
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk